Beverly Johnson says Bill Cosby gave her drugged espresso

[Permalink]

Hey, any bets on how long until someone claims that because there are so many women coming forward, it makes it even harder to believe them? And then someone will compare these women to the people who claimed satanic abuse in the “Day-care sex-abuse hysteria” case because obviously these women are hysterical and making shit up and don’t actually know when they’ve been drugged and raped.

BTW, this comparison happened here at BoingBoing the last time this discussion came up. Lovely, huh?

5 Likes

A couple of questions on the article:

Was her daughter with her at his house? What happened to her - how did she get home?

Also, she mentions being pregnant when he asks her to play the scene drunk - so he drugged her when she was pregnant?

Was her daughter with her at his house? What happened to her - how did she get home?

According to the article, her ex-husband had primary custody of her daughter at the time, so her daughter would be with her ex-husband during the week, and she would spend time with her daughter on the weekends. The second visit to his home where he drugged her was presumably on a weekday, so her daughter would have been with her ex-husband at the time.

Also, she mentions being pregnant when he asks her to play the scene drunk - so he drugged her when she was pregnant?

According to her account, yes.

1 Like

Quote from the article:
“Cosby played an obstetrician, and he sometimes used models to portray
pregnant women sitting in his office waiting room. It was a small part
with one or two speaking lines at most, but I wanted in.”

By my interpretation no, she was not pregnant. She was a model whom would play a pregnant woman in the waiting room.

3 Likes

oh my god, the penny just dropped and I realized that his playing an obstetrician is such a creepy fucking thing in retrospect.

3 Likes

Cosby’s M.O. is abundantly apparent.

1 Like

It explains all in the article. As to the first question:

I brought my daughter to the next taping I attended. Afterward, Cosby asked if I could meet him at his home that weekend to read for the part. My ex-husband had primary custody of my daughter at the time, and I usually spent my weekends with her. Cosby suggested I bring her along, which really reeled me in. He was the Jell-O Pudding man; like most kids, my daughter loved him. When my daughter and I visited Cosby’s New York brownstone, his staff served us a delicious brunch. Then he gave us a tour of the exceptional multi-level home. Looking back, that first invite from Cosby to his home seems like part of a perfectly laid out plan, a way to make me feel secure with him at all times. It worked like a charm. Cosby suggested I come back to his house a few days later to read for the part. I agreed, and one late afternoon the following week I returned. His staff served a light dinner and Bill and I talked more about my plans for the future.
1 Like

Thanks. I read it but didn’t realize that the daughter accompanied her on a different visit. Then when she mentioned something like, “When did a pregnant woman ever appear drunk on the Cosby show?” I wondered if she were pregnant, but it makes sense that she would have just been playing a pregnant woman on the show.

Beverly Johnson is also the model who was busted for running a prostitution ring of her model friends, so she probably would have been scared of all that getting dragged up again if she came forward at the time.

1 Like

That’s a well-known tactic of abusers/con artists: pick victims who have something they want to keep private, so that you’ve got leverage to keep them from going public. Some of the other victims might have used drugs, or were otherwise fearful of going to the authorities. Plus the overall concern of never being able to get work as an actress, of course.

Yeah, and pretty much the theme of the women coming forward right now is that he was so powerful that they knew anything they said would be shut down.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.