Birds are jerks compilation

Also Kea eat cars

Carnivorous car eating parrots.

3 Likes

So I got curious and checked. I think this is a kea eating a Kia.

it may be another species of car, but it will always be a Kia to me

13 Likes

In anycase Keas, while fascinating, unique and endangered birds, are still assholes. They eat sheep alive. That’s pretty metal. They also love chewing on rubbery parts of cars. Also metal. And they don’t bother flying unless wherever they’re going is really far away. They prefer to walk and show how much of a dinosaur they are.

Also, the plumage looks gorgeous in that photo.

3 Likes

It looks like a New Zealand that’s kākāpo humping his head? They’re rather rare …

Pukeko are also jerkishly carnivorous.

A friend took her toddlers to a local pond every day to feed and admire a cute new clutch of ducklings and watch them grow up. But a pukeko found the ducks instead, so the final trip became a nightmare bloodbath as the pukeko snapped the heads off the little fluffy ducklings, leaving them to run around headless trailing gore; while traumatised screaming, tearful kids chased around trying to stop the carnage but falling in the water instead … :scream:

3 Likes

You need to read some E.B. White, son

Yeah, total assholes. There’s an Attenborough documentary on the birds of New Zealand that’s great, but the kea section is horrifying. They don’t just land on grazing sheep to chew a sheep nugget out of their back and then hop off. They dig up shearwater chicks and gobble them down. They are apex jerks of the bird world,

1 Like

Snake propaganda!

You won’t fool me!

1 Like

Godawful bro-rave but it exists

1 Like

Indeed. Swans are basically Nazi Geese, not just jerks, evil jerks.

4 Likes

So, I got curious and zoomed out.

7 Likes

This reminds me of the Mexican Jay…

… another handsome devil.

One year, when the cardinals decided to nest in the mountain laurel by our bedroom window, our toddler son got a chance to watch the wee eggs hatch. Red papa cardinal, brown mama cardinal, those funny fuzzy hatchlings that looked to be about 80% mouth.

A Mexican Jay came and ate all the hatchlings in about 3 minutes flat. The cardinals were half the size of that jay and outmatched. I had to explain the whole “red in tooth and claw” thing to someone who had watched events unfold. Quite an education for all of us.

4 Likes

Very dubious

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.