Britain's pink-painted poo aims to shame irresponsible dog owners

[Permalink]

They should do this for chewing gum too.

Man, Banksy has really lost his touchā€¦

15 Likes

I donā€™t get itā€¦ Do people only spray paint the poo left on the ā€˜irresponsible ownerā€™sā€™ own lawn, to deface their property? Because I donā€™t get how making a random, anonymous pile of dung pink is embarrassing to the person who left it there. If someone has no qualms about leaving a big pile of shit behind in the first place, why would it being pink as opposed to shit-coloured make them care?

I guess at least it is more visible so you donā€™t step in itā€¦

10 Likes

A better idea would be to use high-powered paintball guns to tag the irresponsible dog owners. It could be a great way to bring the community together.

17 Likes

Yeah. Dog owners who donā€™t pick up . . . just donā€™t care. Confront the slobs, and they generally just get angry. Entitled jerks.

I always carry extra bags with me. If someone leaves their dogā€™s pile in an especially ā€œdangerousā€ spot, like the middle of a sidewalk or a play area, Iā€™ll pick it up just so the neighborhood doesnā€™t think dog owners in general are slobs.

11 Likes

Point of order: Pepto Bismol turns your poo black as death, never pink.

10 Likes

Just leave it, we got it

http://sprinklebrigade.com/gallery-main.html

4 Likes

Bad idea. This is the kind of thing people get competitive about, and all it takes is for a few trollish dog owners to start taking perverse pride in how much theyā€™re pinkifying the neighborhood. It also seems custom designed to make dog poo harassment more effective, especially for bigots encouraging their dogs to poop on gay peopleā€™s property.

1 Like

Hereā€™s a better solution http://the-legion-of-decency.blogspot.ca/search?q=poop+it+forward

1 Like

They are likely to follow the same route each morning/evening, and the dog going in the same place, so thereā€™s a good chance theyā€™ll see it.

So after someoneā€™s dog crap on the sidewalk outside my house and the owner doesnā€™t clean it up, now someone else is going to spray paint it pink, and that paint will stick around long after the poop is gone? Wow, that sounds like a great deal.

If you can go to the trouble to get out your pink spray can and ā€œmake a pointā€, just pick up the damn poop.

3 Likes

Last year, after numerous failed poo campaigns, the town of Brunete in Spain started mailing dog owners their dogā€™s poop back to them. Letā€™s just say the success rate was very high. It was dubbed
ā€˜Caca Expressā€™.

3 Likes

The same rationale led Ivor Cutler to put cake sprinkles on the poop.

There is not a day that goes by that I donā€™t think about the glorious wonder of The Sprinkle Brigade.

I think ā€œRisotto Negroā€ might be my favorite.

Franken Berry on the other handā€¦

In other news, Susan G. Komen for the Cure is considering a color change.

3 Likes

i think it would work better if the pink paint was used on the face of the pet owner.

Back when I used to walk my dog more regularly (heā€™s old now, and more often than not we just let him run around in the backyard these days), my dog would NEVER poo in the same spot. But really, even if an asshole owner had a dog that DOES poo in the same spot every day, I donā€™t see how their dog pooping on a pile of pink poop is going to make any difference.

Based on that theory, Iā€™ve heard that a bottle of squeezy peanut butter to mark the turd works well. Next time they wall the dog past, the dog forcibly draws their attention to it.

3 Likes