Burning Man census reveals demographic surprises for everyone but Burning Man regulars

And the latter is most likely the reason for the former, so yeah, it probably all boils down to “summer break.”

I think that’s still in the category of making up stuff about Libertarians because you don’t like them. The party did after all start off as a bunch of Goldwater kids, draft resisters, and pot smokers, and the only people I encountered in my time there who had a big problem with hippies were the ones who wanted to make sure we all looked serious when talking to the press. And the earlier years of Burning Man did have a fair amount of guns, rockets, and explosives, though eventually those got banned or restricted for safety issues, but the general libertarian response to that was “boy, you guys are no fun any more.”.

1 Like

I get that, it’s why I build an environmentally friendly tree house at Pennsic every year.

Unfortunately, Burning Man is in a desert wasteland on the other side of the continent, and surviving melanoma just isn’t as great an experience as one might think, so I’ll have to pass.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.