Cop shoots, kills labrador inside "suspicious" vehicle

What about slutty cops? :wink: The difference is more than hot.

1 Like

Nice!

The pic immediately brought to my mind ā€œPick up that can.ā€

1 Like

Thatā€™ll take more than ā€œuā€ to achieve. :wink:

1 Like

Itā€™s too bad a good guy with a gun wasnā€™t on the sceneā€¦

Ok, letā€™s play that game. I can find no reference to a police officer being killed due to a dog bite. I canā€™t even find numbers on how often police are bitten by dogs.

What I can find, is how often USPS workers are bitten by dogs, broken down by city.

http://about.usps.com/news/national-releases/2013/pr13_052.htm

So, in 2012, 69 postal workers were ā€œattackedā€ by dogs in Los Angeles alone. Yet, for some strange reason, they arenā€™t arming themselves and shooting first against dogs. And many of these postal workers know that they will be encountering the same dogs again and again.

Yet somehow, itā€™s to be inferred here that because dog bites might have complications and those complications might be painful, itā€™s best to shoot first and let things fall where they may? And this from the people who are regularly armed & armored?

My original point about the dog bites was a) death by dog bite is rare, and b) even dog bites causing complications are fairly rare, as you even pointed out, 50%+ are children. So, if Iā€™m a police officer, and I see a dog, wouldnā€™t the best overall strategy be to retreat & call animal control rather than just open fire?

1 Like

You. I like you.

1 Like
2 Likes

Actually, I never inferred that dogs should be shot as a first option by anyone. You chose to interpret that as my stance. I said nothing about the benefits of shooting dogs. In fact, if youā€™ll go read what else Iā€™ve written youā€™ll see that Iā€™m opposed to officers shooting when they have other options available to them. They should only ever shoot an animal if they have no means to escape or are protecting another person.

All I originally did was add in the relevant information you chose to leave out from your source. You pointed out how many people are bitten by dogs, and how many die, but failed to note how many bites (1-in-5 or about 855,000 in one year reported by the CDC) require medical attention (sometimes a lot of medical attention). Many postal workers (who are all adults) bitten by dogs need several days off work to recover and return to work. Postal delivery workers are not allowed to carry guns. In areas where carriers are under threat, they are accompanied by the Postal Police.

Now to avoid intervention by mod, Iā€™m closing my end of this side topic. Feel free to respond, but I donā€™t want to sidetrack this thread any longer.

Fair enough, but the logical conclusion of ā€œyou missed a detailā€ would seem to be more to an end rather than pedantry, but if that was your intent, Iā€™ll accept it and move on as well.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.