Eminem as Max Headroom

[Permalink]

…meh

2 Likes

This actually makes me miss Matt Frewer as Max Headroom.

7 Likes

Are you seriously giving airtime to this unabashed homophobe?! Bad on you, BoingBoing and David Peschovitz. Very very bad.

1 Like

It’s like watching Stallone play a tough guy.

1 Like

Pretty good track, IMO.

2 Likes

Pescovitz. No “h.”

1 Like

I wonder if any Eminem fans have actually seen an episode of Max Headroom?

I also miss Blank Reg.

3 Likes

In [Rolling Stone][1] this month they write, “Eminem has performed with and befriended Elton John, endorsed gay marriage and repeatedly told interviewers that he doesn’t actually have any problem with gay people.” I don’t think “unabashed homophobe” is quite the right expression.

3 Likes

I LIKE it!

and yes, I am an Eminem fan, who used to watch Max Headroom :smile:

3 Likes

I saw Max Headroom open for Emerson, Lake and Powell in 1986 - much better than the band…

1 Like

Is cyberpunk hip now?

1 Like

Vanilla Ice would of been a better choice. He is already animated.

I’m an Eminem fan and I’ve seen every episode of the American Max Headroom and even bought his book way back where I discovered it was based on a British show sort of thing.

Also, Rap God is a fantastic song. The entire new album is pretty impressive and puts some excitement back into Eminem for me.

1 Like

Yeah, Eminem is ok for the part (though my memories of Max Headroom from the 80s are somewhat conflated with Doonesbury’s Reagan-parody character Ron Headrest.) Not that many people would try it, but it seems to kind of work.

I don’t think it’s as much to acknowledge Eminem as it is to acknowledge the 80’s Max headroom reference.

On a similar note, (for those who don’t know) Selena Gomez('s handlers / music video producers) also referenced Max Headroom in her video ‘Love You Like a Love Song’:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.