Fix your Facebook privacy settings

[Read the post]

Fix your Facebook privacy settings

Settings–>Account–>Disable

8 Likes

This is odd for me to do so, but I feel like I have to say Facebook has actually been really good about keeping my settings the way they are.

But I do like where @omems is going there…

I feel like I’ve got to check them at least once a month because either Facebook changes them, or my mother finds a new way to get around being blocked.

4 Likes

Facebook is bad enough, but the really horrible one is Google Photos…

Does anyone actually understand when something is publicly visible in that mess?

2 Likes

Sorry. Not good enough. It needs to be permanently deleted, not merely disabled.

1 Like

Here’s my setting: Facebook–>never sign up. I don’t like that shade of blue. I don’t want to belong to any club…you know the rest.

2 Likes

Or when an “update” to my phone will suddenly enable all the photos on my phone to “auto back up” to Google Photos…

That was a fun week. Everyone I know went through a months worth of data overnight with that “update”.

1 Like

[quote=“manybellsdown, post:4, topic:63508, full:true”]
I feel like I’ve got to check them at least once a month because either Facebook changes them, or my mother finds a new way to get around being blocked.
[/quote]I set it up a few months back and it hasn’t changed. I was impressed, as they typically “fix” things for the users.

[quote=“Shash, post:5, topic:63508, full:true”]
Facebook is bad enough, but the really horrible one is Google Photos…

Does anyone actually understand when something is publicly visible in that mess?
[/quote]I do, but only because I made nothing publicaly visible. Talk about a trainwreck of occasional permissions. Sometimes. Instead, nobody never sees nothing.

It needs to be permanently deletednuked from orbit…, not merely disabled.

FTFY

1 Like

Forcing The Cloud down unwilling people’s throats should be a jailable offense.

If you don’t want it visible to the whole world… don’t put it on the internet. Keep in mind anything you say/do can be shared to anyone.

And if you don’t want your neighbour to know your business say nothing to anyone ever!
Sound advice!

1 Like

Abstinence-only social interaction.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.