Gallup poll: 58% of Americans support legal weed

As we all know why it was illegalised in the first place, surely - in the Land of the Free, a system in which everything not explicitly forbidden is permitted - the correct terminology to use here would not be legalisation, but disillegalisation?

There are probably more Democrats against marriage equality than libertarians. Like Obama, until it became an election issue.

I was just replying to Engineer. Democrats against marriage equality are not nearly as catastrophically hypocritical as libertarians against it, because they don’t necessarily start from the premise that the government should stay out of our personal lives.

1 Like

“Merely” doesn’t seem like the word to me. “Unnecessarily aggressively” and “in violation of the 10th amendment of the US constitution” would both make sense to me instead.

2 Likes

The fact remains, that the LAW is what it is. The law needs to be changed. You can’t expect government not to enforce the laws that are on the books. That’s what government does. If it didn’t, it wouldn’t be government, it would be anarchy. Change the laws.

That argument would be so solid. If only there weren’t so many other laws that weren’t enforced.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.