Genderswapped Boba Fett cosplayer

[Permalink]

ā€¦The kind of bounty hunter my heart needs!

More like Boba Fitt, Amirite?

1 Like

she can Surreptitiously fall in my Sarlacc pit anyday.

1 Like

On a related note, a local group by the name of Geekenders is doing the whole original trilogy, one at a time, re-imagined as fully scripted comedy/burlesque plays at the Rio theatre here in Vancouver. The first one sold out the place every night. The Empire Strips back is on this weekend.

1 Like

How do we know the original Fett was male? Iā€™m not much of a trekkie, but I donā€™t remember anything specific in the movie.

6 Likes

He had a very male voice the few times we heard him, and he was talked about with ā€˜heā€™, ā€˜hisā€™ as the pronouns people referred to him with.

Plus we see him as a child in the prequels, heā€™s basically a Clone Trooper minus the accelerated aging, given to Bobaā€™s ā€œfatherā€/DNA-source Jango Fett as part of his payment for letting his DNA be used to make the republicā€™s cloned army.

2 Likes

Boba Fette

1 Like

Ooo boy. I donā€™t know where to start.

12 Likes

Teddy bear, you just got nerd-sniped.

6 Likes

Hands off, sheā€™s mine!

I saw a similarly attired cosplayer near Disneyland earlier this year, except that her frilly dress was red and gold and her helmet modeled after Tony Starkā€™s. Embarrassingly, it was much later in the day when I finally put together Iron Maiden.

6 Likes

Not just gender-swapped, but role swapped as well. Except for the helmet nothing suggests that this is a bounty hunter.

7 Likes

He hasnā€™t being genderswapped, he has being turn into a "Disney Princess"Ā®.

A real genderswapped Fett would be no different than the regular Fett, just slightly wider hips, nothing more.

4 Likes

Love her helmetļ¼Œwant to get one!

Exactly.

Mandalorian women wear the same armor as Mandalorian men, work the same jobs, and fulfill the same roles. This is their culturally accepted and expected behavior. Calling a female Mandalorian ā€œdelicateā€ is considered an insult, for crying out loud.

Consequently, not only is putting one in a dress imposing our own cultureā€™s senseless gender stereotypes on another people, but it would also probably end in violence.

3 Likes

Boobs too.

Good point. I donā€™t remember Fett ever talking at all, but I havenā€™t really studied the canon the way I should have.

Also, Iā€™m kind of enjoying the rage up above. How dare a woman wear feminine gender markers? Next letā€™s have a fight about whether female dwarves have beards!

2 Likes

Not really seeing the ā€œrageā€, but, there was loads of rage on BoingBoing over this:

My apologies; I canā€™t find the overly-pink image that made so many people mad. EDIT: Here we go.

On Clone Wars, at least some of the womenā€™s armor is slightly different from the menā€™s.

Bo-Katan, ass-kicking Mandalorian voiced by Katee Sackhoff. I have to confess that I didnā€™t recognize her voice until I heard it through the helmet, and then immediately thought, ā€œHey, holy shit, thatā€™s Starbuck!ā€

1 Like

ā€œSheā€™s the kind of bounty hunter our galaxy needs!ā€

The kind that canā€™t be killed by a blind man with a stick?

7 Likes