Grouchy panther punishes leopard for dropping a bowl

[Read the post]

1 Like

These are both panthers (or possibly jaguars). Leopards have no central spot in the rosette pattern.

5 Likes

Besides, jags are the best.

This one is at the Phoenix zoo. When hungry, I have seen it pace along precisely to kids walking past it.

1 Like

That’s just cruel.
Why don’t you toss one of them in?

12 Likes

guffaw

BTW, remember the tiger escape at the SF zoo, where they claimed some guys put a board over the most and that’s what released the animal? Nope, the animal climbed out and ate the guy without help.

Always respect cats, they do actually want to eat you.

4 Likes

A panther is like a leopard,
Except it hasn’t been peopard.

If you behold a panther crouch,
Prepare to say “ouch!”

Better yet;
If called by a panther,
Don’t anther.

7 Likes

A panther is a cougar in the Americas and a leopard in Africa. A black panther is any melanistic big cat, usually a leopard in Africa and a jaguar in the Americas. So the big one is definitely a black panther (but may also be a jaguar).

2 Likes

Ahem:
A panther is like a leopard,
Except it hasn’t been peopard peppered.

If you behold a panther crouch,
Prepare to say “ouch!”

Better yet;
If called by a panther,
Don’t anther.

2 Likes

I realised the geographical differences, but had to go have a look-see about the biological markers. Hence my new-found knowledge of big-cat rosaries.

Oh, and just gotta say: I set the joke up, and you knock it out of the park :smiley:

1 Like

Well, I let it escape really.

4 Likes

8 Likes

What do you see when you’re not hungry?

3 Likes

please don’t confuse the cheetah, the puma, the jaguar, the panther, the tiger,the leopard, the snow leopard, the lion, and the mountain lion. They are all distinctly different.

Only the lynx is both the same.

Even a ThermaLynx?

Except a ThermaLynx, which is three of a kind.

1 Like

That’s a large cat-amount.

The plural form (as any fule kno) is ‘lynges’.

2 Likes

You don’t say.

2 Likes

Of course, I must now post this…

2 Likes