Health Canada outs 40,000 medical marijuana users

This was monumentally stupid. My friend received one of these, and he receives his marijuana through Canada Post every month, now he’s worried his packages may go missing, more often than they already did, or even worst, that someone unscrupulous seeing that mailout, may give out his address to the wrong person, or even do it out of stupidity because he thought it was interesting and told the wrong person. Nobody should have to deal with extra stress/fear for the sake of a stupid mailout, especially when it could have so easily been avoided. If even one of these medical users has his house broken into, or even worst, has his home invaded, because of this, it’s on Health Canada’s hands, not that the added stress those 40,000 people are now forced to go through isn’t despicable enough.

1 Like

If that’s how the government spells it, the basic factual accuracy of the reporting from Metro is even more embarrassing. I mean, they list the return address is listed as “Medical Marijuana Access Program,” when the included picture shows the address to be “Marihuana Medical Access Program”: I figured that maybe other letters were addressed differently (which would be very strange, but possible) but it seems they simply can’t get even the basics correct.

Thanks for pointing out that spelling mistake/discrepancy. You are right, in a quote it should have been the government’s spelling and not the CP style version and I fixed it. There’s nothing wrong with the story, factually.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.