Help name California's pot legalization bill

You want to tie it to something everyone supports. Adding the word “cannabis” or “hemp” is a loser. I say, tax it and give the money to schools, then call it:

Save The Children Act of 2014

Or focus on personal freedom:

Personal Freedom Act of 2014

1 Like

POTriat Act?

2 Likes

Something else that’s important here, is the fact that when a commodity circulates only in a black market, the markup is insane and there is no sales tax. But when said commodity is legal and regulated, not only will the price go down, but it will also generate government revenue via sales tax. Win - win - win: 1) The customer gets a lower price, 2) Money is put in the system to maintain/fix infrastructure = 3) Job generation.

How can this concept be described clearly in a short sentence?

god dammit what the hell happened to the comments section…act 2014

I disagree with the general 420-based suggestions. The entire “420 smoke weed erryday” mentality makes the cause seem immature, and that really just seems to hold the cause back.

If I remember the pre-election polls correctly, one week the approval rating was something along the lines of 54%, then the following week it was around 48%. So another way of saying it is: The ‘Who The Fuck Are You 6%?’ Act of 2014.

Well that’s like, your opinion, man. :wink:

The Help End Mindless Prohibition (HEMP) Act of 2014.

Conservative Family Values Initiative

Just stick “Patriot” in the name. Apparently legislators can’t say no to anything with that word in it.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.