Help name California's pot legalization bill

Peacelove sez, "The good folks at SaveCannabis.org need your help naming the 2014 Cannabis Legalization Act. The Act itself has been open source written (the full text can be seen and modified) and is aiming to be the most tightly-crafted, airtight act possible. Finding the right name is crucial, too. I like 'Cannabis & Hemp… READ THE REST

Realize: Legalize.

The ‘Don’t Fuck It Up This Time’ Act of 2014.

4 Likes

Norml, the Marijuana Policy Project, and The Drug Policy Alliance all agreed (for the first time ever) to run legalization as a joint project in 2016 when the ballot initiative would have by far the best chance of passing. Last I heard the folks behind the Regulate Marijuana Like Wine initiative were also on board with that plan. This seems like a splinter group that’s going behind the back of the community. I don’t know anything about this group, but it seems like most likely it’s either at best a naive attempt to do this on their own without the support of the people who have actually been working on this for decades and have the knowledge, connections, and resources to pull this off, or else at worst they’re actively trying to float something they know is likely going to fail in order to discredit the movement.

Cannabis & Hemp American Freedom Act of 2014

I like what that implies for people who don’t use it. It’s about freeing Americans, not the cannabis/hemp.

Or to be more succinct and perhaps easier to remember:

California Cannabis Act of 2014

or CCA

Vote 420… simple and precise.

2 Likes

Alex3917,

The group you speak of CCPR, is aware of our activity, and has agreed to support us if we make the ballot.

The Cannabis and Hemp Freedom Act, was started as an open-source, grassroots project, intending to combine the valuable content and lessons learned from the previous attempts in California, and to bring everyone together on the “same page” with the next Legalization initiative.

Our first step was to solicit input from the roughly 1,000 members of the SaveCannabis.org forum. As a result of the extensive input and recommendations from hundreds of advocates throughout the state, the CHFA was initiated. Open meetings were held in San Jose and reported on to the forum. Specific input was requested at each event. Dozens of key advocates from all over California attended and provided recommendations, expertise and content.

Prominent industry legal experts and Advocates not previously contacted or met with were identified and singled out for direct contact. They were each offered the opportunity to contribute their own ideas and content to the Initiative.

This was to be a separate effort so as to help avoid past mistakes. It was intended to institute new ideas, current language and the open-source concept so that everyone had the chance to have their say and be a part of the process. In the last few months, the CHFA has progressed to near completion. Final requests for input are being made. Anyone can still contribute their own comments and ideas. The google doc is located at http://bit.ly/camj2014

We need to learn the lessons from Prop 19 & the 2012 election. We must make sure everyone get’s a say in this next Initiative! If you read the initiative and don’t like something, let us know now before we file! This way we can change it and move forward.

The Cannabis and Hemp Freedom Act of 2014 is a reality and available to everyone. There are few short months until the final document will be prepared for submission to the 2014 California ballot. Now is the time to help yourself and all Californians secure your rights and freedom to use cannabis and hemp.

Best Regards,
Dave Hodges

2 Likes

Dave,

Thanks for your response, that makes sense. You should put all that on the about page of your site!

1 Like

United States Actualizing Pot As Taxable and Regulated Industry through Overt Tolerance.

no one will vote against the USAPATRIOT act.

or the analogous CAPATRIOT act, for now.

2 Likes

Everybody Must Get Stoned Act.

That’s Some Good Shit Act.

Pedro de Pacas and Man Act.

Dave’s Not Here Act.

The Amend It So That Everybody Currently in Jail for Selling This Shit Gets Out Act.

2 Likes

Oh come on… How about Hairy Potheads and the Bong of Fire" …Who doesn’t like Harry Potter?

1 Like

Rainy Day act #12 & 35

1 Like

Prop 420

3 Likes

I have a really cool idea for a name.

You know how sometimes when you’re wasted and you get really thirsty, and, um, he he he he… um, what? Oh yeah, when you’re really fucked up and you need to think of something, like if you’re uh… Shit man, did you see that episode of The Simpsons where Homer, what a fucking stupid name, anyway, when Homer… Pass that here man. Don’t get your slobber on it.

I’m hungry. Maybe we can call it Taco Bill.

1 Like

How about the, “We are so lame that we had to have the Roberts Supreme Court overturn our stupid anti-gay marriage amendment, so now let us have pot”, bill.

OH FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT?!?!?

How about “Crimes Act Amendment Bill?” or whatever act(s) needs to be amended to decriminalise pot use?!?

The name doesn’t matter, the name is embarrassing, the name is irrelevant.

Although I would agree that legalization is more likely to pass in the right climate with the right backing. I don’t think this act should undermine the movement, but rather promote further discussion. So, by the time we reach the successful attempt, the populace and constituency shall be sufficiently greased. Plus, who knows if this is the one to make it through. The power of open and crowd source is often surprisingly robust. You should not discount the effort.

The Californian Unlimited Cultivation And Relish Acceptance Cannabis/Hashish Act

Or CUCARACHA.

The Cannabis Common Sense Act.
Don’t make it about ‘freedom’. That’s basically asking permission. People who have no personal stake in legalization aren’t going to care too much about whether other people can be free to get high. But make it about common sense, and you can keep hitting the ways legalization would be a positive for everyone.

The Legalize Freedom Act
The fact is the government has no right to make hemp illegal. The way they have been getting away with it is through the courts and nobody using “Jury Nullification” to stop them. If the government does something they are not allowed to do it’s your duty to alter their actions using the courts. Do you think prohibition ended because the government wanted it to? No way, they were unable to win court cases anymore. Build some case history people. Now is the time.
BTW I am only interested in growing industrial hemp. If we have to make grass legal to get hemp again then so be it.