Humorless man explains that rock music, even Christian rock, is full of witchcraft

[Permalink]

Jesus Christ was not polishing a surfboard… out of the ocean.

8 Likes

Jesus Christ’s unique abilities in regards to water would mean he had no need of a surfboard.

14 Likes

American Christian Taliban.

7 Likes

Jack Chick did it better, as usual.

I shall link to a suitable commentary piece rather than the original.

9 Likes

Lucifer’s is the evil path to “free sex”? Does that mean people are supposed to be paying for it?

7 Likes

Satan found a way to get into your body through one of it’s holes?

Pure comedy gold.

12 Likes

Thank you for confirming that “polishing a surfboard” is an euphemism. I did wonder.

7 Likes

Paster John Hagee is the guy in the video above. Refering to him, Matt Taibbi writes:

“The whole idea behind Christian Zionism is to align America with the nation of Israel so as to
“hurry God up” in his efforts to bring about Armageddon. As Hagee tells it, only after Israel is involved in a final showdown involving a satanic army (in most interpretations, a force of
Arabs led by Russians) will Christ reappear. On that happy day, Hagee and his True Believers
will be whisked up to Heaven by God, - while the rest of us nonbelievers are left behind on
Earth to suck eggs and generally suffer various tortures.”

• JESUS MADE ME PUKE AND OTHER TALES FROM THE EVANGELICAL FRONT LINES
    By Matt Taibbi
    Rolling Stone, May 1, 2008

http://dlib.nyu.edu/undercover/sites/dlib.nyu.edu.undercover/files/documents/uploads/editors/JESUS-MADE-ME-PUKE_RollingStone_1May2008.pdf

10 Likes

It’s not just rock, though. Have you ever listened to Bach’s Partita no. 2 for Violin? The emotion in that piece must surely have been inspired by Satan. Plus I think Bach was German. Enough said. And for pity’s sake, what about women in choirs and as musicians in church orchestras? That can’t be right. Not if they are supposedly producing sacred music. Come on…

4 Likes

I did not think it was possible for a right-wing dingus to flare up my panic disorder, but for a split second there, I was ten again. Terrified of being damned, having nightmares of hellfire, because my pastor uncle said my music was demonic, and I believed him.

This is why I don’t trust evangelical Christians as a general rule.

11 Likes

If you’re looking for a more “long-form” version of this hilarity, try the “Hell’s Bells” series. Best viewed when in an altered state of mind…

4 Likes

That Chaconne holds (according to this scholarly fellow 1, a plethora of secret ciphers, ranging from quotes out of chorales to numerological calling cards. There’s a recording that’s kind of kaleidoscopically psychedelic (and vice versa) where the Hilliard Ensemble sings the choral setting of each quote as it flashes by in the piece. It may not be convincing, but it’s a lot more entertaining to listen to that than to these sad, hate-filled dickweeds. I always think “oh boy, this’ll be funny,” but it’s just as sad and boring as REEFER MADNESS (except the ‘play faster’ scene, which rules).

Things like this need a guide, like John Bloom, who can put them in context and trim the clip down to the entertaining part and edit out the other nine hours (subjective time).

3 Likes

The “second coming of Christ” happened a long time ago. This time she was:

The Rupture already happened. Everything since has been merely “4 teh lulz”.

5 Likes

One of my personal favorites.

14 Likes

Oh god. I remember Hells Bells back when I attended Jr. High youth group.

I remember thinking it was a stretch, even then. I didn’t even grow up in a crazy fundie church either, it was a Presbyterian church.

3 Likes

Bach was so great for his time. Good thing it was then, as now a day it’s not gripping enough for the music industrial to attempt capitalizing on with the modern youth market. But in his day there were most likely Hagee’s lurking in the dark whispering ill sedations against the artist.

3 Likes

One of the college ministries showed it once on campus when I was a freshman. Every single person in attendance was there for the camp factor. There was a raffle for something or other and the first name that the guy running the thing pulled out of the hat was “Satan”. True story…

That was the first and last time it was shown there to the best of my knowledge.

4 Likes

I know. You couldn’t write this stuff. I couldn’t take my eyes off it.

2 Likes

So was Robert Johnson.

3 Likes