The "Holy Spirit Board" is Ouija for Jesus

Originally published at: The "Holy Spirit Board" is Ouija for Jesus | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Yet I read the title as “Holy Shit Board.”

8 Likes

Come on, religious folks! You too can enjoy the ideomotor effect, further enhanced by one or two disingenuous people at the table.

I won’t tell Satan if you don’t.

16 Likes

I love Cate Planchette

23 Likes

Yes, sure, but please don’t push her around on a patch of flimsy cardboard.

9 Likes

Oh, that’s disappointing, she’s one of those actors that doesn’t respond well to direction.

12 Likes

When Tarot cards were really popular about 20 years ago there was a big upswing in “angel cards”, to allow people who were terminally Christian to get in on the fortune-telling fun with their heathen friends. Glad to see it’s back and somehow more blatant.

13 Likes

9 Likes

i almost wish this was legit. because in my mind ol’ jesus would be telling them to cut out all this bullshit and be better people.

14 Likes

So, if you’re convinced it’s Jesus telling you to do something, it can’t really be bad, right? I foresee people spending all their money on meth and strippers, and saying their friend Jesus endorsed their decisions.

4 Likes

If it can’t turn water to wine I don’t want it.

8 Likes

I don’t understand how someone can say, and believe:

When a person participates in playing with a Ouija board, they are directly communicating with demons. Satan and his demons are always trying to deceive mankind.

And yet still be taken seriously in any way. If someone said that and replaced demons and satan with Cthulhu and Azazoth nobody would believe that it’s true. And if the person actually believed it was true, they would be considered to not be in touch with reality. Yet, these religious statements are taken at face value without seeing how divorced from reality it is.

7 Likes

right! If Cardboard Jesus says meth and strippers, who are we to argue? It’s good He is giving this advice, because otherwise people would probably just waste their money pointlessly.

4 Likes

Worse still, those beliefs are considered so sincerely held that it’s rude and even sometimes illegal to question them. It’s like anti-thought police.

How did we get to a point where believing in something ridiculous is okay as long as you really really really believe it?

9 Likes

I love the review about Captain Howdy and D’Plagius the Wise. A+ work.

2 Likes

How surprised would they be when Jesus told them they’re being assholes and need to listen to what he said about feeding the poor and welcoming the stranger… nor was he keen on the commercialization of religion…

10 Likes

Oh, my! I LOVE these reviews! Thanks for the giggle!

2 Likes

Can we use it to wish him happy birthday in 5 days, and then he’ll be confused because he was really born in spring? Also because he might very well have been 3 people?

Ask him how he feels about being a pro-capitalist, super bigoted white dude while you’re at it.

3 Likes

is no adequate substitute for Plastic Jesus.

3 Likes

The recent article linked to mentions Ouija 42 times. Seems odd for a thing they are terrified of.

Also, these seem like contradictions.

No person can come back from the dead to communicate with the living

Well, except for that one guy.

Many people seek out Ouija boards because they want wisdom or knowledge about the future. Ouija boards are not the correct place to search for wisdom or knowledge about the future.

You know what is the correct place? Their book.

The Bible gives us knowledge about the future, such as in future prophecies yet to be fulfilled as well as the events of eschatology.

And I’ve asked many Christians over the years about this…

Deceased loved ones are immediately taken into the presence of the Lord and the individual either goes to heaven or hell based on whether or not they accepted Jesus as their Savior and Lord.

What if a child has not had the chance to accept Jesus? Or what if people in remote locations have never heard of the bible or Jesus?

Their tough luck?

3 Likes