Dozens of children hospitalized after Ouija board fun goes wrong

Originally published at: Dozens of children hospitalized after Ouija board fun goes wrong | Boing Boing

7 Likes

They’re obviously using the wrong board.

11 Likes

24 Likes

Uh oh…

ouija board GIF

18 Likes

Be careful with the spirits you summon.

7 Likes

Turns out you need to be 21 years old to do Ouija right.
GIF by Fireball Whisky

13 Likes

i want to hear more about the internet challenge that was involved before i start blaming demons.

17 Likes

“Bye. For now.”

Kate Mckinnon Cringe GIF by MOODMAN

9 Likes

Yes, it was strictly the Ouija board responsible for the hysteria… not the adults or their Holy Water or talk of kids being infected by the Devil or police exorcists.

Like, was this board from their school library? Do the Christian/Catholics faithful not speak ill of this activity? Just very weird.

15 Likes

one thing the board probably didn’t predict was the made for TV adaptation of this occurrence…

7 Likes

Don’t let this middle of the road sunshine pop song fool you… It can happen to you

6 Likes

satanic panic is a thing!

10 Likes

The Ouija Board isn’t even the most traumatising Hasbro game - not so long as Monopoly is still (inexplicably) played.

15 Likes

Yeah, its all fun and games until you create a portal for a demon and he slaughters everyone at the seance.

7 Likes

Wait, wait - all the problems only happened after the holy water sprinkling? Was there a reason why that was done? I’m thinking a Ouija board may not actually have been involved in any way… I was assuming the adults caught the kids playing with one, freaked out and that caused the kids to freak out, but that doesn’t seem to be the case, given the adults are grasping for various explanations.

It very much sounds like it was triggered by the holy water incident, and then the talk of a Ouija board or internet challenge was some ad hoc explanation for it unrelated to anything that actually happened, a rumor introduced by people who knew nothing. (“Oh, the kids are freaking out - they must have played with a Ouija board, or listened to rock music, or maybe it’s caused by an internet challenge of some sort. You know, one of those Satanic things the kids are into.”)

9 Likes

Religious people are gullible fools? Who’d have thought?

4 Likes
1 Like

Hasbro owns D&D too, so they’ve got the lock on demonic table games and the primary secular means of destroying relationships.

7 Likes

Go directly to Hell. Do not pass GO, do not collect $200

7 Likes

Holy water toxicosis. I bet that they didn’t have any windows open.

5 Likes