If Daria was a live action film

[Permalink]

I’d buy the DVD, the Special Edition and the extended Director’s Cut, Daria was great :smiley:

2 Likes

Missing from the trailer, but certain to be included in the movie, will be appearances by both Beavis and Butthead, though not at the actual reunion, as they failed to graduate.
enter link description here

1 Like

I have seen this movie already, it is Ghost World by Terry Zwigoff, and honestly…
Well honestly it is my favourite movie of all times. So, more Ghost World is okay with me !

nowadays it would be directed by judd apatow. yeck.

they didn’t go to lawndale highschool. The series started off with her moving to lawndale.

2 Likes

I’ve definitely been watching some serious Daria on Hulu lately, man I miss that show! Soooo good. This make-believe movie would be great, I think CH did a good job w/ the casting. :slight_smile:

The first thing in a long time that I’d dump a pile of $$ into a Kickstarter for.

Me too! Commence Kickstarter-ing!

This is a FAKE trailer for a movie that will never happen.

Most excellent!

2 Likes

I don’t know…I think that the trailer being by College Humor, and the movie not even showing up on IMDB, means it must be in production RIGHT NOW!! Woohoo!

facepalm Don’t you have any children to whom you should be telling the truth about Santa Claus right about now?

Was Aubrey Plaza NOT the original Daria voice? Because I swear, the first time I saw her in a movie (I forget which) I totally imagined her as Daria.

Hey buddy, at least I knew what it was and wasn’t pining for a movie that will never be made. Lay off the snark.

And if you people want to see Daria back so badly, let’s see you all write a script that would set the world on fire and get somebody at Paramount and MTV Films interested.

Rest of the world: “Wouldn’t it be cool if…?”

Dr Fates: “IT’S NOT HAPPENING IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE??? IF YOU WANT IT SO BAD GO WRITE A SCRIPT FOR IT! YOUR DELUSIONS ARE A WASTE OF MY TIME!!!”

Rest of the world: “You’re a bit off, you know that?”

Dr Fates: “MY PARENTS NEVER BOUGHT ME A PONY!!!”

And for the record, there’s nothing wrong with wanting a Daria movie badly enough to enjoy a fake trailer, and badly enough to think a Kickstarter would be swell, but not bad enough to devote months of your life to writing and selling a screenplay encumbered with someone else’s intellectual property. Especially if you’re not a professional screenwriter.

1 Like

You must be a big hit at parties.

And you’re a rude shit, but who’s counting? No wonder people are a bit antsy about the 'Net these days.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.