Is moth wing pattern is a sign from God or Satan?

[Permalink]

2 Likes

Yet again, a headline posed as a question, to which the answer is ā€œnoā€.

16 Likes

Was Jesus a moth?

4 Likes

Itā€™s a sign that some people should not become entomologists, it would drive 'em completely buggy.

6 Likes

Is the pope a Ladybird?

(edit: I literally just typed ā€˜catholic beetleā€™ into Google and that was the first, well, catholic beetle result. Iā€™ve just read some of the rest of the blog. Hoo boyā€¦ )

Iā€™ve studied this picture long and hard and I can categorically announce that (drumroll pleaseā€¦)

IT LOOKS LIKE A FECKING MOTH.

Other titles you may be interested in include:

• Thatā€™s not Jesus in your Taco, itā€™s and random pattern of thickness irregularities
  • God didnā€™t leave a sign in your miracle whip, itā€™s a freak of the manufacturing process, and,
  • That beetle doesnā€™t look like my son, who I gave for your sins, itā€™s some fanart of Lady Gaga that Old Nick did when we were off our tits on peyote last week.
3 Likes

Of course is not Jesus or Satan! ItĀ“s a Sith Lord!

All praise Darth Sidious and his raspy voice!

2 Likes

He did have a thing about leading followers into the light.

10 Likes

I see Jesusā€¦ with the most glorious afro the world has ever known!

1 Like

Iā€™ve heard of Moth-Ra, but not Moth-Jesus.

I think heā€™s more of a myth, to be honest.

2 Likes

If anything, being a pattern which resembles decaying leaves, itā€™s a message from Mother Nature.

2 Likes

Slow news day?

I saw a similarly-colored moth in Virginia a few days ago. Itā€™s been bugging me to find out what species it is. Does anyone here know?

For anyone whoā€™s curious: Itā€™s an Imperial Moth - Eacles imperialis. They (as you would expect) all look like that (if male). The females have more yellow on them. Theyā€™re also impressive - their wingspan is typically 4" - 5 7/8" across.

The other thing I have to say is - wow, how is she seeing Jesus in that? I have really strong pareidolia and Iā€™m not getting a face. All I can see - after looking for a picture - is a bubbleman wearing a button-down and having a bad day.

2 Likes

Was juuuuusst about to post.

The moth doesnā€™t add up.

Pareidolia can annoy ya.

3 Likes

It is best not to interpret too much about what you see on the markings of an animal. Otherwise you end up with dog butthole Jesus (NSFW, and it is exactly what you would expect it to be).

3 Likes

Alia Atreides is bemused.

3 Likes

Ainā€™t that the truthā€¦or something like it.