Is this a missing piece to Jodorowsky's Dune?

[Read the post]

1 Like

Those drawings remind me of Fantastic Planet a bit, but the quality of the drawings could be better. Something about it seems like amateur work.

1 Like

Jesus H. Bene Gesserit. It’s like 2315. Can’t a poor Baron have amputation sex in front of his golden cow without being called “weird”?!! Damn normies. Damn you and the ornithopter you rode in on!

Harkonnen out!
(pswhewwwwwwwwwwwwwww…)

5 Likes

Couldn’t have been worse than what Jodo had in mind (glad it didn’t get made) though the illustrations really do look right up his alley. Chances are during pre production he was so high on coke he forgot he had these made.

2 Likes

A mysterious stranger in a parking garage. That’s the whole provenance. That’s as plausible as the Hitler Diaries. (O hell does that count as a Godwin point?)

1 Like

Of course, how could we have missed the obvious metaphor of sand worms as vagina dentata.

Contrary to now in vogue belief, I am convinced Jodorowsky’s Dune would have been a mad affair, sinking sci-fi movies in an impenetrable mire of weirdness.

2 Likes

These “Tijuana Bible” images pale in comparison to the illustrations drawn by Jean “Moebius” Giraud and H.R. Giger. Jodorosky may not have had clue one about what would have made a good adaptation of Dune, but you can’t say that he didn’t have talented artists working on it.

3 Likes

But that’s exactly why I wish we’d gotten Jodorowsky’s Dune!

(it would almost certainly have had no significant effect, given that it would never have been completed before Star Wars’ release, outside of possibly delaying Alien by a year or two)

1 Like

The material was reported by John Coulthart:

There is also a Photobucket album of the images:

If the material is fake, it was faked by someone familiar with Jodorowsky’s obsessions.

And I found the missing soundtrack, too…

(omg - that was 1991?!?)

1 Like

If it was 1991, it must have been smart spice.

1 Like

As these drawings seem to be done by a somewhat competent amateur, perhaps they are really just the doodlings of a bored W. while he was pretending to be an elected official. Just a thought.

1 Like

For those that are interested in learning more about the contents of the script over at DuneInfo on Facebook we are doing a breakdown of the script and comparing it to the Moebius storyboards and 1975 Press Kit.

Part 1 of “Jodorowsky’s Dune - Uncovered” is online now at:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.837517176318919.1073741849.104857709584873&type=1

We’ve read scans of the entire “fake” script, and we think it is legit, but we are aiming to present the comparisons and let readers make up their own mind.

No one else noticed Jodorowsky’s first name, Alejandro, misspelled as “Alexandro” on the cover?

In his earlier projects he spelt his first name as Alexandro, see the listings on IMDb for examples.

So… Does that make a crysknife a pube blade? Weird.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.