Last Unicorn heading to Broadway

[Permalink]

Not sure how to feel about thisā€¦ love The Last Unicorn, but a Broadway musical? I dunnoā€¦? (Edited to add) Also, Fergie from the black eyed peas?

Mr. Beagle has been touring with screenings of the film as of late. I attended one such occasion. (Got a nice little postcard of King Haggard sitting on the Iron Throne, signed by him and Mr. Martin.)

I understand that not so long ago he regarded his work as a failure, which is said to consider.

Did you know that many of the animators who worked on the movie shortly thereafter went on to make NausicaƤ of the Valley of the Wind? Of course, the animation styles differ so widely that itā€™s hard to tell.

1 Like

I loved that movie as a kidā€¦ so beautiful and well done. I thought it stood up fairly well on rewatching as an adult.

Does this mean they wonā€™t be using any material from the animated picture soundtrack by ā€œAmericaā€?

1 Like

I never thought I would ever say this, but: Mr. Beagle, you are so wrong that wrongness itself is rolling its eyes at how wrong your wrongness is.

(Well, unless you were trying to write a detective thriller or something.)

1 Like

It would be unthinkable if they didnā€™t at least reuse the main theme, surely. I first saw the film at a very young age and didnā€™t really understand much of it, but I never forgot the theme.

Thereā€™s stll time for the live action film with most of the original cast.

If it would be a success we could even get ā€˜Flight of Dragonsā€™, skweeeee.

1 Like

I only saw it for the first time as an adult and I think that ruined the experience for me. For example IS THAT TREE WITH THE GIANT KNOCKERS TRYING TO RAPE THE WIZARD WTF??

People sometimes take this as an homage to that movie if they are unfamiliar with the tapestry.
http://www.digitalartform.com/archives/2012/01/unicorn_in_capt.html
[some nudity at link]

Maybe the tree is a molester, a CHIIIILD molester!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.