A delightful snail takes a magic carpet ride full of wonder and joy

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/03/13/a-delightful-snail-takes-a-mag.html

2 Likes

Just a little thing I do…

When that part comes on and Aladdin says, “Don’t you dare close your eyes!”

I say it as a threat. I find it hilarious every time.

5 Likes

A live-action version of Aladdin that i can actually get behind, it’s about time.

6 Likes

I was hoping the music would be Steppenwolf.

Aladdin’s not bad though.

12 Likes

Snail Internal Monologue:

“Oh shit. Hang on - hang on! Oh my God! Oh my fucking God! I’m gonna die! I’m gonna - okay - okay. You got this. Just hang on until you can - OH FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY - Help Me! You there! Fish! Gimme a hand here! Wait - you don’t have hands. You Are USELESS To Me!!! AAAAAHHHHHH!!! I’m gonna puke! Hold it in - hold it in - hold it in. Here we go. Just have to settle in and then I can get off this - AHHHHH! NOOOO!!! Holy Crap! Someone Save Me! AAAHHHH!!!”

17 Likes

That was brilliant!

2 Likes

12 Likes

Are you kidding? Man, I thought I was the only one who did that.

The other song I find myself adding a messed up tone to is Jingle Bell Rock:

the action hero of our narrative, Jinglehorse, crawls weakly across the floor, bloodied and broken from his fight with bad guy, Singer.

Singer: (strutting with arrogance and gloating amusement over to Jinglehorse) Git up Jinglehorse.

Singer (suddenly angry, kicks Jinglehorse hard in the ribs) Pick up your feet!

3 Likes
9 Likes

LOL. OMG, we’re twinsies. Christmas will never be the same now!

1 Like

There should be an Aladdin x Steppenwolf mashup or remake for those 2 songs.

4 Likes
4 Likes

Came in here to say I turned off the sound and just played tiny screams in my head while watching. You did it much better!

5 Likes

Ha, I heard the sea turtles from Finding Nemo.

“Righteous, dude!”

1 Like

see also:

4 Likes

I failed to find a proper audio mashup but did find this Video x Audio mashup.

8 Likes

I think to do it properly someone would need to make an original song taking elements from both and dexterously weaving them together. Would definitely love to listen to such a thing :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride would have also worked…

4 Likes

A bunch of years ago I spent time trying to hone my mashup skills. I figured I had an unreasonable amount of music in my head, on on my hard drive, have some music experience and production experience, gonna be amazing. I would rank those attempts as my least successful artistic attempts in my life. Sooooo frustrating. So consistently bad. But it did elevate my appreciation of well done mashups (which I already enjoyed in a listening sort of way but maybe underestimated the technical side a bit.)

6 Likes

And now I must go listen to the incomparable Regina Belle version of this song.

5 Likes