McDonald's dumps Heinz over ex-Burger King CEO

American I assume?

They don’t need to “make their way” anywhere. They’re already there. Even if the new CEO says not a single word to anyone else, his inside knowledge will inform and influence his decisions regarding BK operations.

You know what is kind of amazing?

The Trader Joes organic ketchup. So, so delicious and I am far from a ketchup snob.

3 Likes

You mean like Apple buying Samsung components by the ton?

2 Likes

I have a feeling the bean-counters at McD’s have long advocated ditching Heinz and going vertical on their ketchup supply. Up until now, brand goodwill stopped them, since customers would think McD’s had switched to industrial ketchup to save money. Now, they have a reason for switching that is acceptable to customers. So long as their replacement is as tasty as Heinz, and not that vaguely tomato-like gel you get in cheap no-name burger joints, McD’s will make out just fine on the change. If I were king of McD’s, I’d figure out a recipe that was ketchupier than Heinz and make great hay over that. If BK can make waves with their “Satis-fries”, McD’s can mine the ketchup end of the equation.

1 Like

Everyone knows artisanal catsups are the only way to go.

Or dijon ketchup. If only I had a million dollars.

1 Like

Things will be so much simpler when we’re down to one corporation, and it’s in complete control of our government. It gives me the warm fuzzies.

What’s the alternative to Heinz? Hunts? I dare you all to taste-test them both. The catsup is not what you’ll want on your fries.

Disclamer: I live in Pittsburgh where Heinz Ketchup is made.

It’s the only ketchup we buy. All others are sugary pretenders at the game of ketchup.

1 Like

Daddies!

Do they actually make much ketchup in Pittsburgh? As far as I can tell, most of it is in made in Fremont, Ohio and Leamington, Ontario.

The BBC says that McDonald’s only uses Heinz in Pittsburgh and Minneapolis.

McDonald’s uses the ketchup at many stores around the world, though only in Pittsburgh and Minneapolis inside the US.

Is that true?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.