Need a new reason to hate Donald Trump? His speaker fee is a quarter million bucks

[Read the post]

Regardless of how much of a giant ass he is his debt number is unremarkable if he’s up to day with payments and in compliance with the terms.

1 Like

First thought: If the speakers are $250k, then how much are the cables?

Only a loser would accept less than $250k to give the classiest speech you ever heard.

15 Likes

Poor guy, he might soon be out of the three comma club.

1 Like

A quarter of a million for a speech? Just like Hillary?
This might be a crappy election but I’m going to at least enjoy laughing at progressives having to justify their support of Mme Shady.

3 Likes

I don’t care how much he charges to speak. What I want to know is how much he wants to shut up. I will donate to that!

22 Likes

If Bernie Sanders won’t make it, we’ll be stuck with The Wicked Witch anyway.
At least we’ll be able to refer to the presidential airplane as Broomstick One…

1 Like

A “quarter million” or a “quarter of a million.” Let’s not abuse the English language.

1 Like

I don’t understand the virulence of the Hillary hate, but given the GOP candidates on offer we should thank our lucky stars if she is elected.

5 Likes

"On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken

Isn’t it funny that we thought Dubya was so bad? He looks like the Dalai Lama compared to Trump.

8 Likes

I don’t like to hate people, but I don’t really need any additional reasons to dislike him, no; the old reasons are still valid and working fine. Mainly: he’s a tuchus and my life is too short to deal with that kind of person.

5 Likes

Neil Gaiman charges only a fraction of that, but then he isn’t running for president. Seriously? Trump is an asshat, but speaking fees are a stupid economy to begin with.

1 Like

I can’t find the details, so someone please explain HOW THE HELL DOES HE RECEIVE A PENSION FROM SAG

3 Likes

Heh. I was just about to post that link.

1 Like

Trump may be an odious little toad, but I’m not sure how his speaking fees are relevant. I’m sure some of the partners at Boing Boing headquarters have taken a speaker fee upon occasion even if not so large.

2 Likes

The Hillary hate goes back to the nineties, when the First Lady had the audacity to… waaaaait a minute, wasn’t this article about Trump? Well played, silkox - well played.

For the record, I adore Trump, and hope he keeps on talking all the way to November. He is like the drunk uncle at the wedding who keeps making inappropriate toasts, only it’s not your wedding, so it’s hilarious.

13 Likes

I don’t know - call me a little jaded but $250k doesn’t seem like all that big a speaking fee to me for someone of his notoriety. And of all the things to hate him for, that seems like one of the less relevant or important.

Why are we still talking about this Chump?

3 Likes

GOP promotes ignorance as a virtue. That is how they produce a coalition of religious zealots that wouldn’t know competent candidate or why it’s needed if it smacked them in the face.

3 Likes

If Hillary gets elected, she can will owe a big thank you to the Hillary haters for helping put her over the top. Conversely, if Hillary loses, much of the blame will have to fall on her more annoying supporters

Accusing women of witchcraft because they aspire to positions of power is so 17th Century.

10 Likes