Pastor advocates hitting children to instill respect for his god

I have to say that if someone did that to my kid, I would be very disappointed if he did not kick the adult square in the balls three or four times just to make a lasting impression.

5 Likes

So if the kid is not so bright, what, a gentler touch then?

3 Likes

“Why don’t all of you worship Pol Pot? What are you, stupid? Of course clever people are dangerous”

3 Likes

“Bob Jones University”?

My golly, tertiary educational establishments and their erudite names.

4 Likes

Not really defending any part of the bible, but: The Twelve Tables of Rome? The Avalon Project : The Twelve Tables
take a look at Tablets IV and V.

4 Likes

Everyone forgets that the last words attributed to Christ before His death and resurrection were “my God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”

In other words, physical suffering was enough to shake even JESUS’ faith in a loving God.

13 Likes

Well, one of the gospels says that. I take it as more of a refutation of the Trinity. Jesus is not god, unless God is divinely mentally I’ll.

4 Likes

Jesus was a jew. Only Mary should have thought he was god.

5 Likes

He went into the family business, and he thought his father was god and his mother was a virgin.

3 Likes

Ass! What a Christhole.

8 Likes

He also rode a donkey, which was the era equivalent of a Tesla.

10 Likes

I thought they were;
“Save my Easter eggs, I’ll be back.”

4 Likes

The pastor must have seen the forbidden footage from Episode 201.

1 Like

Two donkeys no less. Maybe in case one had a flat.

4 Likes

If my recently dead “lord” came back from the beyond to demand chocolate bunnies and colored eggs I’d run like a mad motherfucker.

14 Likes

And he lived at home until he was thirty.

2 Likes

But if he comes out of his cave and sees his shadow we have six more weeks of winter.

22 Likes

I am not really sure how to grok a culturally jewish Millennial.

1 Like

Anybody remember the movie Sleepers? That cowardly piece of shit better hope the kid(s) he abused don’t ever watch it. They might forget that he was just trying to help them find the lord.

1 Like

If, for some reason, you have some little bit of faith in humanity that is prickling at you and needs squashing into numb submission, Google “To Train Up a Child”[*] and read the various stories about the “method,” its founder, and the deaths and massive injuries that have resulted from this approach to “Christian discipline.”

One of the most shocking things I learned when teaching family therapy at an online university was the sheer number of American adults (largely but not exclusively those from the South, from evangelical backgrounds, and from the black Baptist church) who took serious, personal offense at being presented with the research showing the many negative effects of physical punishment, particularly harsh physical punishment, on children. Offense at the RESEARCH - as if the findings were purposely designed to attack their belief systems and way of life. And these were people training as FAMILY THERAPISTS.

[*] Book still for sale on Amazon, BTW.

10 Likes