Photos of Indian reservation fireworks stands

J Gallone says: One of the more interesting items found on the Skokomish Indian Reservation in Washington State are creatively named and festively painted firework stands. Open a few weeks each summer, these thrown-together coops will experience a lucrative trade of eager pyromaniacs, standing three-deep, late into the evening for a chance to acquire the… READ THE REST

Great pictures. I used to drive up and down 101 and see these all the time. On one drive I snapped some pictures and put them up on a website. I just found them and found out I had taken pictures of mostly the same ones. However, I didn’t want to stop and take pictures, I took them while driving and some are blurry.
Fireworks Stands

1 Like

Nothing beats the “Ill Eagle Fireworks” up in Washington.

I’d post a picture, but the bbs is telling me: Sorry, new users can’t put images in posts.

So: http://gabriel.nagmay.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Picture-22.png

Obligatory.

At least on the Suquamish reservation, they’re up year round, but they’re only open around the Fourth of July and New Years. They’re in these big, dusty lots which are barren and empty most of the year and feel so desolate with their fronts sealed by plywood. I’ve been going past them on the way to the ferry since I was a child, and as far as I can tell, they haven’t changed a bit. It makes that stretch of road a surreal, time-traveling experience.

Being Australian sucks in the odd regard : (

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.