Place a rock on top of another rock, go to jail: Boulder cops

Sounds like the cops are branching out now that they can’t arrest stoners anymore.

3 Likes

How he identifies is beside the point. A guy who LOOKS white will be treated with more deference by law enforcement than a person who looks black. By the same token, a dark-skinned person will still face racial discrimination even if they think of themselves as white.

1 Like

Exactly. My point was that there is no reason for others to categorize them this way either. If anybody needs to know who a person is, they can ask.

…and the dog would be wearing a red bandana.

hahaha…the rock piles in state/national parks aren’t created by “artists”, they are put up by rangers in the parks to mark the trails and are called cairn. cairn rock piles have marked trails in the parks since the park system was created, but the tradition of marking trails goes back as far as human history.

Well I’m glad the city attorney told the cops to cut it out. My Boulder Library card has pictures of his cairns on it!

2 Likes

The assumption was based upon the outcome of this event. I don’t gamble, but I would’ve easily wagered hundreds of dollars on predicting the color of this artist’s skin based on previous police vs. public interactions. (Odds would be rather low, maybe a 1 in 2 chance that the rock-stacking artist has a fair skin tone?)

One or two artful cairns can be beautiful, fun, and often useful. 30 lame cairns in one place is hideous. This often happens at one of my favorite places, Artist’s Point, in Grand Marais MN. In that location, though the mass of cairns bug me, it’s a joyful family activity for many people and you just put up with it because otherwise you have crossed into grouchy misanthrope territory. On the other hand, I sometimes backpack in areas where if there weren’t cairns it would be almost impossible to find the trail. People who deconstruct those cairns are vandals and scoundrels and I hope karma causes them to get lost in the forrest some day.

http://media.theiapolis.com/aR/cDCDCDC/d4/e4/hM8/i1OEL/r1/s1/t4/wG4/z23/tom-hanks-forrest-gump-and-mykelti-williamson.jpg

Littering and … littering and … littering aaand …

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.