Pomplamoose's 'I Feel Good' (James Brown Cover)

This is a testament to just how great the original is.

2 Likes

apparently my post got deleted. Goodbye

3 Likes

This demands a parody where the vocalist reads the phone book.

1 Like

Hey, now, donā€™t you be saying anything about my mum!

But arenā€™t you now criticizing the critics?

But seriously, if someone else doesnā€™t enjoy this as much as you does that diminish your enjoyment?
Again, seriously, why donā€™t you go ahead and tell us what you do like about this? Iā€™d love to talk about this critically and find out what Iā€™m missing.

1 Like

A bit too stiff for me.

ā€¦Let alone your smug little assumption that you get to determine whether or not anything that someone else makes is ā€œartā€. You appear to be completely unfamiliar with the art - Excuse me, the OPINIONS - of Lester Bangs, a critic famous for his habit of writing reviews that were actually BETTER than the albums he was opining uponā€¦

That said - This ā€œcoverā€ of ā€œI Feel Goodā€ is wretched. Not because of any personal reverence I may or may not feel for JBā€™s original - Itā€™s just because itā€™s so fucking TAME, compared to the joy and the sense of life that a declaration of ā€œfeeling goodā€ should, in my opinion, entail. Itā€™s mirror image would be a self-satisfied, risk-free, unemotional, ultra-chill hipster doing a calm, trippy, mewling, dinky little ready-for-a-Jell-O-Pudding-Pop-commercial cover of, oh, sayā€¦ā€œFucking Hostileā€, or ā€œBulls On Paradeā€.

This piece of shit is twee, smarmy, cutesy and, above all, CHILDISH. I am a connoisseur of cover versions (I can provide references, if you so desire), and while I favor as radical a re-interpretation as possible on the whole, there is a line that shouldnā€™t be crossed - And that is exactly what this thing does. It is not so much a cover version as it is the glutted smirk of a parasite that has drained the last drop of lifeā€™s blood from itsā€™ vibrant, far-worthier host.

2 Likes

Well, now Iā€™m curious to hear it.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.