Rainbow-hating Saudi authorities jail school administrator over “Emblem Of Homosexuality”

[Read the post]

How cute is that, Saudi has bigoted idiots just like the USA!

7 Likes

I find it odd that people who are today freaking out because we now have diplomatic relations with Cuba, seem to forget that we maintain diplomatic relations with a LOT of different countries we don’t really support the policies of, and being a democracy is in no way a requirement for us to have diplomatic relations with anybody.

14 Likes

Man, some people must just freak the fuck out every time they look into the sky after a rainstorm

10 Likes

What is odd is that extreme sex-segregation in Saudi has resulted in a thriving gay scene for males.

A gay friend of mine commented on some Saudi dudes that he knew from college: “Man those guys would have unprotected bttsx with random strangers in gas station bathrooms. I thought that was sketchy.”

2 Likes

Old Testament Allah was clearly a gay rights advocate: “I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth.”

8 Likes

Gen. 9.13, first draft (discarded by Scribe J, 686 BCE):

And God said, “This is the sign of the covenant which I am making between Me and you and every living creature that is with you, for all successive generations; I set My bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a sign of a covenant between Me and the earth. It shall come about, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow will be seen in the cloud, and the bow will be the sign of gayness down through all the generations of mankind.”

6 Likes
...anything remotely gay is a Very Bad Crime in Saudi Arabia.

You mean like this?

5 Likes

1 Like

Talk to bigoted idiots in the USA and you’ll very quickly find that Saudi Arabia’s anti-gay policies are one of the things they admire.

8 Likes

Yahtzee! Sir I admire your wit and wisdom.

2 Likes

They might also want to confiscate prisms and lawn sprinkles and anything else that can create the rainbow, cause the old book said so?

2 Likes

We’ll have Sharia law just like we imagine the Muslims have, only we won’t call it Sharia since we need that as a bogeyman to frighten our chattel into submission.

3 Likes

“Saudi authorities” will soon be the leading the GOP’s Presidential field in the polls…

1 Like

It doesn’t rain over there very often, so they’d probably double freak out if it rained, and then there was a rainbow.

But that building has a rainbow over another rainbow.

Surely that cancels out the gayety?

You know, I was about to come and write my own pithy comment saying much the same thing, but it turns out the rainbow isn’t mentioned in the Koranic version of Noah and the flood.

At least, that’s what I gathered from this site, not having read the Koran.

Still, even without Noah, it’s a bit embarrassing that Allah puts a flaming gay symbol in the sky all the time, no?

Maybe it’s a warning.

Maybe God spent it’s load on that one great flood but can’t muster up any real good gay-drowning floods anymore, and when it tries and fails the rainbow appears to warn the righteous “here there be gays!”?

And then gays adopted the rainbow as their symbol to mock ol’ God, which just makes it rage, which makes it ever more impotent?

It’s just a theory.

2 Likes

Huh. That’s one fine analysis.

1 Like

The sources I found seem to indicate that at least some Muslim scholars believe in approximately the same flood story with resulting rainbow as a sign from Jehovah/Allah.