Slut-shaming the President's daughters

Go ahead, take a cheap shot at the kids:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/29/elizabeth-lauten-obama-daughters-class_n_6241202.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

After the shitstorm, the tone was a bit changed:

[quote]After many hours of prayer, talking to my parents and re-reading my words online, I can see more clearly how hurtful my words were. {snip}
{emphasis added}[/quote]

Translation: “I’m appealing to the religious base of the GOP to forgive me because I’m one of them.”

The tool who posted this was none other than Elizabeth Lauten, the communications director for Rep. Stephen Fincher (R-Tenn.).

With fronds like that, who needs anemones?

9 Likes

This is how she chooses to attack the President? By suggesting that his daughters aren’t showing enough “class?” For a party of elephants those guys sure have short memories.

7 Likes

i was thinking the same thing.

despite what they say, republicans don’t actually care about any of this, they just care if you’re “one of them.” They’ll make a huge fuss if you smoked pot (Clinton) or some erroneous spot on your military record (Kerry), but if you’re a republican and you’ve done coke and dodged the draft, they won’t even talk about it and then they’ll vote you into office. the sad thing is I don’t even think they’re aware of the hypocrisy, they’re the party of cognitive dissonance.

this also is why I just can’t take them seriously. “God-man! make my problems go away!”

The dems are pretty awful, too, but damn.

5 Likes

Hypocrisy is a liberal concept. I say that flippantly, but it appears (as an outsider) that ideology is far more important to Republicans than whether you personally adhere to it 100% of the time. It’s very Christian, that idea that we are all sinners, we’re all flawed, but we aspire to being good. Admitting you did something “wrong” and repenting is seen as more virtuous than being otherwise squeaky-clean but suggesting that maybe that “wrong” thing isn’t wrong at all.

Maybe explains why they are often so willing to forgive utterly awful behaviour, so long as it’s in support of the moral status quo.

5 Likes

There were so many things wrong with Lauten’s temper tantrum (who exactly needs to “try showing a little class”?..hint, not the actual children), but her argument is prima facie ridiculous: “dress like you deserve respect, not a spot at a bar” as if they were wearing deep V necklines and net stockings, when in fact this is how they were dressed:

You know, like teenagers. Funny how the first page of results are all images showing the girls with the common stone-face of every teenager stuck at a business function with their parents. They did smile and interact just fine for most of the event, but somehow those aren’t the moments being sent around the internet.

But all this is just an excuse to once again degrade the uppity negro who dares to sully the Most Important Job In The World. This is the real reason for her rant:

Then again your mother and father don't respect their positions very much, or the nation for that matter, so I'm guessing you're coming up a little short in the "good role model" department.

The only reason she’s being shamed in public is for bringing children into it. Her despicable comments about the President and First Lady stand just fine otherwise.

15 Likes

I believe you’ve nailed it here :frowning:

Stay classy, Elizabeth!

Oh, wait, lecturing about that got you in trouble in the first place.

Never mind…

3 Likes

Dress like you deserve respect, not a spot at a bar.

I wonder how Ms. Lauten knows the difference.

Oh. Never mind. Even has a kung-fu grip on that fruity drink.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 810 days. New replies are no longer allowed.