Unhinged Congressman screams at high school pages for taking a selfie in the Rotunda: "Lazy sh*ts!"

Originally published at: Unhinged Congressman screams at high school pages for taking a selfie in the Rotunda: "Lazy sh*ts!" | Boing Boing

7 Likes

Drunken shits.

17 Likes

Oh, that’s nothing. Apparently, back in late June, when the House was working to censure Adam Schiff for investigating Trump, Eric Swalwell called Kevin McCarthy a ‘p*ssy’. They’re so civilized up there just outside the Capital’s bathroom.

15 Likes

Decorum is very important to Republicans. /s

22 Likes

Hey, look, I’m not saying that his behaviour is drug related… I’m just asking questions.

27 Likes

He was probably mad at the kids because they rejected his efforts at grooming. Right wing scum just can’t help themselves, they’re trash right down to their core. If there is any silver lining in this a bunch of kids not far from voting age will remember that they’re "fucking pieces of shit and jackasses. Perhaps they’ll align with the party of represented by the noble hardworking Jackass and not bloated stinking elephants… sorry elephants but you’re mascots to scum. Hopefully a father of these kids will want a word with the big brave bully van orden.

8 Likes

His behaviour is asshole related, sober or not.

18 Likes

Conservatives: “The youth need to understand the history of this great country. And show some pride for it too.”

page pulls out his phone in the rotunda to capture it’s glory

Conservative congressman seeing this:

5 Likes

Servicemen? How do they figure? Why does it always go back to the military for Republicans? It’s the epitome of big government. And it hasn’t been super effective for the US since 1946.

8 Likes

A Facebook image from Jan. 6 shows Van Orden standing on a wall on the Capitol grounds that was inside a restricted area. (The Daily Beast recreated the photo on Friday and confirmed that Van Orden would have had to cross police barricades to reach that area.)

12 Likes

Ironically, in the Wisconsin state capitol building, which has a dome similar to the US capitol, it is tradition to lay on your back in the center of the rotunda to take pictures upwards.

8 Likes

Nope. It’s instructive that you should leap to the military first though. It’s the seat of your representative democratic government. It is civil not military.

That was aimed at the child abusing congress critter obviously, not the author.

13 Likes

Dutch American, here. We disown this jackass and suspect he has a history of substance abuse and anger issues.

5 Likes

I wonder what it’s like going through life as an angry, hateful, abusive, raging, alcohol-soaked asshole.

8 Likes

Well, I’ve got say, it ain’t easy.

4 Likes

That is… disturbing :grimacing: I mean, it is piss poor, the God Botherer doesn’t commit to the bit, stopping after each short outburst; but what a toxic act.

5 Likes

Yeah, it’ll never happen, but you gotta have dreams, right?

5 Likes

There are enough frat boys with a questionable grasp of situational appropriateness in congress that I can’t really rule out a “thank you speaker may I have another” scene in some darkened meeting room. Not out of any real commitment to disciplinary action, obviously; but just for the ceremonial value.

4 Likes

5 Likes

And, to me, even if it does happen, and it should, all it does is highlight all the things the QOP let their Congress critters get away with without getting a talking to. Harassing other members of the house, harassing school shooting victims, calling the POTUS a liar during public SOTU speeches, openly supporting treason. Those are all fine. But shouting at the kids to get off your lawn is a step too far. :roll_eyes:

6 Likes