Florida GOP candidate is slammed by her daughter on TikTok as "horrible, horrible person to look up to" (video)

Originally published at: Florida GOP candidate is slammed by her daughter on TikTok as "horrible, horrible person to look up to" (video) | Boing Boing

11 Likes

No church no food.

She seems nice.

28 Likes

abortion bill that excludes incest and rape

Maybe I’m too literal-minded, but I took this to mean that the bill bans abortion but excludes victims of rape and incest from the ban. But I checked, and it doesn’t.

A better phrasing would be “abortion bill that makes no exception for incest and rape”

17 Likes

Unfortunately, you can’t pick your family.

3 Likes

You can pick your nose, but you can’t pick your family.

I’m so proud of the Gen Z children of awful politicians who are speaking out against their relatives.

13 Likes

Screw it. Its not a hair worth splitting. All abortion bans are garbage.

20 Likes

Unfortunately, being a horrible, abusive parent counts as a checkmark in her favor for the modern all-psychotic GOP…

15 Likes

This creep and Gosar will have lots to talk about in the unfortunate event that she’s elected. They can help form the “My Family Thinks I’m an Arsehole” caucus (most of the GOP will discover they’re eligible).

8 Likes

I feel like there needs to be a support group for family members of Republican politicians who can’t stand them.

12 Likes

Hopefully TikTok users can get out the vote of the underrepresented young adults.

7 Likes

The hell I can’t.

I have relatives that I have cut from my life; they are very much not my family. (For reference, this includes my mother.) My family is all family of choice and I do think it’s too bad that none of them are related to me but I will stand by that with all my being.

26 Likes

The reality of American politics means her TikTok posts will have little sway with anyone who was voting for her mom anyway. And anyone in “the middle” (wherever that is now) would probably need something more “incriminating” in terms of right wing political dogma.

6 Likes

I will chalk that up to a normal bit of grammatical ambiguity for someone delivering an unscripted rant.

4 Likes

I feel like “ultra conservative politicians getting called out on social media by family members disgusted by their policy positions” has become a recurring theme.

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/26/please-do-not-vote-for-my-dad-republican-daughter-robert-reagan-michigan

Has there been anything like this for progressive candidates? The closest thing I can think of is when Republicans tracked down one of Barack Obama’s half brothers in Kenya to provide laughably bogus evidence for the “birther” nonsense.

16 Likes

But they are related to you, in ways that matter way more than blood!

8 Likes

If we’re talking about changing the minds of people inclined to vote for this woman, we’re out of luck. One look at the daughter’s picture (pierced, “mannish,” purple-haired, not anorexically thin) will reassure them that Mom was right all along. As Fox has constantly reminded us, only the voices of thin, blonde, big-breasted, (avowedly) heterosexual women are worth listening to, and even then only when they parrot the party line.

2 Likes

There is - it’s called the Democratic Party.

6 Likes

There is that, absolutely. :smiling_face:

It just would make a bit less work for some of the automatic legal protections. (Marriage would grant some with a single person but not with everyone. We’ve covered some with legal paperwork, wills, power of attorney, etc.)

4 Likes

Since she seems willing to talk about her horrible mom publicly, if I were the Democratic candidate running against her mom, I’d ask her if she’d be willing to cut an ad for me denouncing her mom. Maybe a little opportunistic, but hey, it’s all hands on deck if we’re to save our democracy from the Authoritarian Party.

4 Likes

At 28 she’s a millennial

3 Likes