Snowden should be ‘hanged’ if convicted for treason, says ex-CIA chief

Nah, he looks like he’s exasperated by some kit farting constantly at the back of the class. it’s the Cheney sneer for me every time.

For me, Cheney’s got more of a ‘sitting in his den enjoying a photo of the corpse’ look.

2 Likes

Someone tell this sad old fuck he’ll have to extradite Snowden to Washington or New Hampshire. Hanging… really?

Fucking asshole is over the hill but would still like to get some sweet cashola off Fox. Can’t Murdoch just fucking die already and stop introducing irrelevant opinions to morons who repeat them?

corruption in the executive branch aside, there is a lot of congressional (present and former member) involvement in those international law breaking activities. remember where those private companies got their funding (some of which i guess finds it’s way back to ‘political’ parties). that being said, hanging is barbaric (as is the death penalty outside of the military). you can not simply unkill someone. making the death violent and brutal is simply childish.

Would he be hanged? I thought the rule was firing squad for those in the military, lethal injection (i.e., the standard execution method in the US) for everybody else. Whether contractors would count as military would be a novel issue.

i like china.

Since he’s an ex CIA chief, this is just a private citizen’s opinion. Which he’s entitled to, and which has absolutely no operational significance. This isn’t news, this is gossip.

SHRUG…

He was probably just this crazy when he was the chief. Dr Strangelove was far less absurd than all of this. When did treason begin to mean “does things I don’t like”? I never pledged allegiance to this guy, not even once. So why does he think he IS the state?

1 Like

Calling him a ‘bitch’ is an insult to female dogs everywhere.

4 Likes

I like Chinese.

1 Like

And what does he suggest for the traitors in government who swear to uphold the Constitution and then willfully and repeatedly violate it?

3 Likes

And then shortly after that, John Quincy Adams and the Federalist Party passed the Aliens and Sedition Acts to (among other things) limit speech critical of the federal government, prompting Thomas Jefferson to draft for Kentucky the first secession act from a State. Together, he and Madison drafted protests from Virginia and Kentucky - which would have gotten them both prosecuted under the very act they were protesting. So, the judge’s take on Madison’s reaction to all of this is right on the money.

There was a second Sedition Act in 1918, which extended the original Espionage Act of 1917 - the legislative godfather of this insane quagmire we now find ourselves in. So, this is not a new game, and it has always had two branches - the government keeping secrets on one side, and us being disgusted by it on the other. And hopefully, the corrupt authoritarian despots won’t win it this time, either.

Perhaps, someday, Woolsey will Google himself and realize what inept claptrap he’s been filmed and televised uttering. There’s your legacy, Jim. Just gave your descendants a lovely reason to blanch every time your name is mentioned. Got a feeling Snowden’s will do just the opposite.

7 Likes

And we should hang people guilty of torture. You know, like we did at Nuremberg.

4 Likes

If the US killed everyone who worked against it’s interests, there’d be a lot less politicians in the country.

2 Likes

I think as an outside contractor rather than actual part of the NSA Snowden would be treated like a civilian. So hangmen’s noose for him.

I like your read. Those who are doomed to repeat history will never learn from it. Or something like that.

3 Likes

Ahhh, a little eau de Kimmo.
Suits my chagrin, so it does.

1 Like

What is that look? The “30-yard stare” by Sly Stallone from Rambo XXVI? He looks about as hard as freshly-laid pigeon shit.

Didn’t Jesse Pinkman put the finishing touch to defining a new sense of the term?

Bitch = anyone I don’t like, or more accurately, anyone with comeuppance due.

I think you would’ve got more likes if you remembered to add, ‘on an industrial scale’…

1 Like

Because he can’t possibly be sharing the same opinion as active members, right? It is completely impossible for a retired CIA chief to maintain contacts and any influence over those who remain?

3 Likes