Sarah Sanders invents treason, suggests death penalty for Democratic leadership

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/03/25/sarah-sanders-invents-treason.html

6 Likes

Holy Forking Shirtballs.

39 Likes

Just based on how the presidents tweets seem to come full circle against him many years later, I fully expect to see this tweet come full circle after she really commits treason

33 Likes

Welkome to Amerika comrade!

26 Likes

I might be misinterpreting her but doesn’t she mean that the accusations levelled at Trump, if found to have been true, would amount to treason/the death penalty and not that the act of accusing Trump is treason?

41 Likes

Agent, Partner, Beneficiary, Employee, whatever. When Trump turns over his tax returns we can sort out what kind of relationship they have.

It’s funny her standard for proof is “That’s equivalent to” b/c the Mueller results might look an awful lot different if we apply that standard.

10 Likes

Two more years of this shit. unFuck her and the rotten orange rind she rode in on.

31 Likes

I listened more than a few times and hear her suggesting that accusing the president of wrongdoing was treason and merits the death penalty.

43 Likes

Remember this from not even a full year ago when SNL writers joked “Hey Sarah can you do this instead of Sean Spicer, you’re much nicer”.

11 Likes

I think that we should consider what Robespierre has to say …

7 Likes

You can say fucking shitballs. Given the state we are currently in…if you can’t fucking curse now, when the fucking hell can you fucking curse?!

15 Likes

She’s gone full Aunt Lydia.

7 Likes

Well, it is a whole heck of a lot worse than accusing the president of, oh, I don’t know, being a Kenyan and also a Muslim masquerading as a Christian. That kind of thing. Right?

52 Likes

I think she meant both and the ambiguity is the real point. She can rile up the base with a statement too loaded to say cleanly, she can have plausible deniability from the inevitable blowback, and later use the fact that people recognized what she was calling for as a way to signal that the media can’t be trusted because they are “obviously” twisting her words. It isn’t the first time that she’s given such similarly ambiguous phrases and she’s very good at her job.*

*Note her job isn’t providing a clear and honest picture of the actions of the executive branch.

27 Likes

Is this what was meant by liberty or death ?

2 Likes

Oh, of course. Everything controversial she says is always masked in a “Not what I meant” bullshit. It is how they stand there making weird OK signs to their white power buddies and tell us “thats not a WP its an OK.”

28 Likes

So when is Trump going to be executed for all the birther nonsense he spewed about President Obama during Obama’s time in office?

And aren’t we technically still at war with North Korea? [There’s an armistice agreement, but no peace treaty.] Does that make Trump’s tweet that he’s cancelling sanctions against North Korea because he “likes Kim Jong Un” count as “providing aid and comfort” to an enemy of the United States?

23 Likes

I will take living in The Village over this mess.

25 Likes

You’re right. “That’s equivalent to treason” refers to being an agent of a foreign government. She’s almost right. The foreign government has to be a declared enemy in wartime. She is correct that the penalty for treason is death. Acting as an agent of a foreign government while in elected office could violate an oath to protect and defend the Constitution (depending on the actions taken).

8 Likes

27 Likes