'Star Wars: Episode VII' cast announced

Have they been keeping Kenny Baker in that crate since 2005?

9 Likes

No - I saw him at a con like 5 years ago. Sadly I couldnā€™t understand the little guy. His wife was most pleasant.

Since Peter Mayhew is playing Chewbacca, I donā€™t think you have to worry about that.

1 Like

'fraid not. Iā€™m allergic to James Franco.

You had me at Kasdan.

2 Likes

Oh, I understand, believe me. And heā€™s terrible in the movie. After seeing what Andy Serkis could do in that movie, Iā€™m not at all worried about mo-cap in Star Wars, if heā€™s involved.

John Boyega was great in Attack The Block. It would be great if they didnā€™t waste his potential here. My biggest fault with the prequels was the horrible writing. It was dead, wooden, even in the hands of good actors. I didnā€™t care about any of them. What Abrams has shown is that he can at least inject a little charisma into things. However, the prequels were a tough enough lesson that Iā€™m not going to carry any expectations for this new chapter. None at all. Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll be there opening day, though, just to see whatā€™s up.

3 Likes

Billy Dee! Billy Dee!

4 Likes

You do know he can do regular acting quite well right?

you should at least know who max von sydow isā€¦and itā€™s a sad sad shame that you donā€™t.

3 Likes

What? Is chewie going to have a walker?

since the rumors are that han solo plays a HUGE part in this next movie, iā€™m wondering if harrison fordā€™s going to finally get his wish.

1 Like

So, nothing too athletic for old chewy eh?

1 Like

peter mayhew has new knees and has been going through physical therapy, so heā€™ll probably be ready to move on his own by then.

1 Like

His doctor is an old pro at treating joint injuries.

9 Likes

I have no opinions about the new movie, Iā€™m just relishing the idea of affable, Star-Wars-loving Peter Mayhew getting to sit down with his new and old cast mates and think about donning the Chewie role again. What a lovely turn for a lovely man.

10 Likes

We mustnā€™t jump to conclusionsā€”just because theyā€™ve announced who is in the cast doesnā€™t mean we know who they are going to play. Maybe Kenny Baker and Peter Mayhew will be switching roles this time around.

7 Likes

Topsy-turvy!

1 Like

Soā€¦ theyā€™re trying to be tough guys, huh? we can fix that

He never got his picture on bubblegum cards, did he? Have you ever seen his picture on a bubblegum card? Hmmm? How can you say someone is great whoā€™s never had his picture on bubblegum cards?