'Star Wars: Episode VII' cast announced

I’m pretty sure that he had a picture on a card for Flash Gordon.

That’s not necessarily a GOOD thing in this case, I suppose, but…

Those concerned about the paucity of female cast members can chill: Industrial Light & Magic and the Muppet Workshop are hard at work!

2 Likes

Kasden is a good sign. Jar Jar or his kin in any primary role would be my personal red flag.

2 Likes

What? Is chewie going to have a walker?

Do you even Star Wars bro?

14 Likes

When I saw this headline, I realized I’m no longer a Star Wars fan. I’m actually hoping the next movie does badly enough that they’ll stop trying to reanimate the dead.

(though, now that you mention it, Zombie Star Wars is a mashup that could be worth it)

1 Like

Dare I say I have a new hope for this franchise? I dare, I dare… :wink:

2 Likes

The Clone Wars cartoon (which is quite good and brought this jaded SW fan back to the fold) did an episode with a squad of clones that got all zombified. It was actually quite creepy and well done.

1 Like

Well if you’re interested…

the ribbon mic.

once you see it…

2 Likes

I just wish that the novels would feature Leia as contemporary Carrie Fisher. I guess after Episode VII, I’ll get my wish.

Seriously, I think the only female characters who even had names that were mentioned-on screen in the first two trilogies were members of Luke Skywalker’s family. The current speculation is that Daisy Ridley will be playing Luke’s niece, so not much evidence of bucking that trend so far.

“I’m sorry son, but uncle Jar-Jar is not so okie-dokie anymore. How about some oatmeal?”

2 Likes

I’m sorry son,

Just to let you know, she’s female.

Signed,
a huge Star Wars nerd (so huge that I’m nitpicking The Ewok Adventure …)

5 Likes

I literally do not recognize a single one of those names for the “new” crew. Lordy but I am out of touch.

The casting of Max von Sydow has punched the high-hopes-restraining skullcap clean off my head. He’s never not amazing.

1 Like

Yep. One could wonder how much of the goodness that was Empire Strikes Back and its incredible dramatic tension came from him and how much came from Leigh Brackett, Lucas or the others involved, but the result was so good and Kasdan’s been involved in so many other IMO great things that it does seem a good sign.

1 Like

“><” You win this round.

Oh my, I’d forgotten completely about that.

Okay…I’m out of it, apparently…what wish?

1 Like

Did you see him in Intacto?