Takei to Arizona lawmakers: we will boycott Arizona if it passes its anti-gay Jim Crow law

Oh, has the ‘L’ signal gone up?

replace woman with black in your second point, and that happened a couple years ago nearby:

Just to be clear, you can decline to do business with them for almost any reason other than their protected class. Just like an employer can fire women, but it can’t be because she’s a she and not a he or a ze.

How is it both Kansas and Arizona independently came up with these bills?

Convergent bigolution?

3 Likes

ALEC. They decided that the fed was too big to take on at once so they’re cleverly taking it up 1/50th at a time.

5 Likes

Psst: Just don’t tell them we have no plans or intention to visit their backwater shithole in the first place.

If our good friend Jewels_Vern is any example of the wonderful people you’ll meet in Arizona, I wonder why anyone would want to move there in the first place.

@Jewels_Vern suck it up bub. We will tell you how to run things when you’ve got deadshit morons running the place (and also apparently deadshit morons voting for them), enacting bigoted laws. Wave goodbye to your little redneck paradise.

1 Like

I’m not surprised - I’m sure it happens a lot. That barber does sound like a grouchy old coot, though.

Because frankly, that’s bullshit. I’m not willing to write off one fiftieth of my nation because of some local Taliban leader thinking that religion trumps all. Arizona is a beautiful state and I know a lot of nice people from there, some of them gay, and I’m willing to let them know they are not alone as well as tell their politicians that they are wrong.

1 Like

How could you believe that? Oh, right:

Elected leader, and if you think this is about religion…

replace woman with black in your second point

and it’s exactly as bigoted, prejudiced, and not legal. How do you not see this?

I never said they didn’t elect their local Taliban. And if they want to say it’s because of “religious freedom” I have no qualms using their language to say it’s actually pronounced “religious persecution.”

their language is one of misdirection and is backward. its a false front. i hate to see people manipulated into tilting at windmills.

Fine, I’ll call it a bill designed to discriminate against LGBQ if you’d like. It’s still “we don’t serve your kind here” either way you call it and it’s wrong.

The law is wrong, I so entirely agree with you.

‘Why’ someone creates a group in their mind to treat differently is entirely irrelevant to the unconstitutionality of the law. Red herring will always be red, and red herring make great bait. No offense intended!

2 Likes

Shut up, bigot.

Let’s keep the personal attacks to a minimum.

I’m pretty much just talking about the “shut up” portion.

2 Likes

These stupid old farts… Christ on a pony. Hard to believe that the idiot republicans are still trying to double down on bigotry to win the rube vote. That’s a constantly losing proposition as the base dies off and younger people that aren’t bigots get out to vote…
I realize that the average age in AZ is 1000, but still.