Tea Up Chair

[Permalink]

It needs an appropriate footstool, though. (Scone of Stone, anyone?)

1 Like

Not very good for test taking thoughā€¦

3 Likes

Iā€™m a little surprised itā€™s only $1,500. Usually when BB posts this kind of stuff, itā€™s at least six-large.

I just keep hoping that IKEA will come out with one of these http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80100251/ in adult size

1 Like

Looks dreadfully uncomfortable for anyone over 5ā€™ tall. Sitting hunched forward with my chin forced down by the back of the chair looks miserable to me. The price of fashion I suppose.

Yes, I share your dream. Every time Iā€™m at IKEA I say ā€˜I want one of these in my size!ā€™

1 Like

its a shame they didnt make the lining white and the cushion a dark coffee color - seems like the analogy would work really wellā€¦ maybe even leave a ring of ā€˜sedimentā€™ around the back?

2 Likes

I was thinking the same thing.

Drop 'em a note. Thatā€™d be a pretty trivial manufacturing change; they might add it to the product line. Might want a couple of different colors, for those of us who like milk in our hot beverages,

(Then thereā€™d be the version with a bit of the ā€œcontentsā€ spilling over the edge into a rug-puddle on the floorā€¦)

Part of the test within a test. Chairs with no flat surface and a perfictly servicable desk across the room. What do you do?

Depends on which directions the surfaces slope/curve, and how farā€¦

Plus a big ā€˜sugar cubeā€™ as a footrest and a big teaspoon.

Big teaspoon may be available. For years I was getting a catalog from Think Big!, a company that specialized in this sort of thing. Much of their product originated as advertising displays retargeted to home decoration use, but some of it was items like this which were just pure whimsy. Unfortunately the items I most liked were also among the most expensive, and unless I was going to dedicate a room to the conceptā€¦

Reportedly, Think Big! has been resurrected as the online store Great Big Stuff.

Looks dreadfully uncomfortable for anyone period. Whereā€™s the light for reading? And just where you gonna put that cuppa down at? Kinda cute though, if useless.

Yeah - I thought the same. If I was a little kidā€¦then.
Neat idea, just needs some hacking.

That sounds very, very familiarā€¦

Anyway, thanks for the info!
Great Big Stuff also has an european website ā€˜based in and serviced from Belgiumā€™ for orders ā€˜to be shipped to Europe or the United Kingdomā€™.
So I should be able to get some nice stuff without horrendous shipping costs.

Iā€™ve heard this from enough people that I KNOW there has to be a market for this. ALMOST as irritating as having to drill the missing holes in Billy bookcases if you want to efficiently shelve paperbacks.

Yeah, youā€™ve got to modify most of the IKEA stuff to get what you really want. Iā€™ve made a template for jig boring for the last Billies, that worked out fine. For paperbacks I used three Benno CD-shelves as ā€˜pylonsā€™ that hold shelves between them (there was enough space for Bennos, but not for Billies).

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.