The original NSA whistleblower

[Permalink]

I haven’t finished reading it and will do so later. But this quote is fascinating in light of the Scalia interview regarding the devil:

What [Norman] Mailer told me is that the CIA is basically a white Christian Protestant organization. And white Christian Protestants have to find a devil in order to justify what they do."

“What Mailer told me is that the CIA is basically a white Christian Protestant organization," Fellwock said. "And white Christian Protestants have to find a devil in order to justify what they do. Their Christian values say they should help the poor, like the Communists were. But they were not helping the poor. They were helping the very rich. And this created a conflict inside of the white Christian Protestant mind that could only be resolved by them seeking out a devil and making that devil into an exaggerated thing. Thus, they exaggerated the threat of communism just like they’re exaggerating the threat of Islam today.”

3 Likes

Wait for an over-zealous politician to cobble together a bogus retroactive security law to start making imaginary connections between Snowden and Fellwock. He’ll have to go back to looking over his shoulder every time he goes to the grocery store.

1 Like

Apparantly, Snowden’s running low on money just to live. There’s a fund set up here: http://freesnowden.is/

The connection is already clear. You can be a whistleblower only if your name is a double trochee. Thus does Perry Fellwock belong with Daniel Ellsberg, Wendell Potter, Bradley Manning and Edward Snowden.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.