The second-best headline of all time

[Permalink]

and the first?

1 Like

Don’t you know not to feed the trolls?

(Joke. Rob was trolling for that reply, in the original sense.)

It is extremely important for Americans to understand that Brits are in no way, shape or form more intelligent, sophisticated or decent than we are. The whole “old country accent-worship” thing is really disheartening. Ten years of having to hear American liberals saying, “But Tony Blair is just so articulate!” No he wasn’t, he was a sociopathic quisling buffoon with a British accent.

I say this because the Daily Mail is basically the Weekly World News operated by Nazis, and unlike the non-fascist Weekly World News, it isn’t out of print, it’s wildly popular. It would never fly in the US, as bad as we are. Even Fox News has to be way more careful about hiding their agenda in the US.

9 Likes

I’m assuming it’s “Headless Body Found in Topless Bar.” But I could be wrong.

12 Likes

I’m pulling for the old classic “Small Medium At Large”, but hedging my bets with “Dewey Defeats Truman”.

8 Likes

+1 for Dewey.

ah. well then, he sure got me! i guess, ha?

“Diana Was Still Alive Hours Before She Died”

10 Likes

“Foot Heads Arms Body”?

5 Likes

“CIA Realizes It’s Been Using Black Highlighters All These Years”

17 Likes

Never link the Daily Mail. Every page view counts towards bolstering their advertising revenue. The best way to rid the world of their brand of hate-filled journalism is to make them less financially appealing to advertisers.

6 Likes

“Win Free Sex”

That headline never actually ran for a standalone story, but is widely regarded as the best possible English language headline.

2 Likes

And in an entirely unrelated note, a few years back I asked the Weekly World News (or at least one of their editors) for the right to use BatBoy’s image for a non-commercial, non-profit, educational purpose and they were only too glad to provide it, so extra thumbs up for the WWN and the Mail can go jump in a lake.

8 Likes

I believe the implication is that the best headline of all time is “The second-best headline of all time”.

4 Likes

“World War II Bomber Found on Moon”
shirley?

‘I never joke, and don’t call me Shirley.’

3 Likes

I’ll put my marker on “Gordon Ramsay Sex Dwarf Eaten By Badger”.

6 Likes

Young Boys Wankdorf Erection Relief

3 Likes

Joke. Rob was driving trollies for that reply, in the original sense.

As opposed to the current sense, which sadly now seems to be what you call anyone who disagrees with you in a comment thread.