Tortoise in hot pursuit of toy truck

[Permalink]

I’m surprised how fast that tortoise is going. Especially since it seems to have some traction issues.

2 Likes

Just wait until the batteries run out and he can catch up. That’s the stuff of fables.

6 Likes

this was my thought, too, along with “awww, poor guy - he’s gonna be so exhausted after running so hard!”

2 Likes

I’m disappointed they deleted the last part, where the tortoise catches and mounts the little truck.

3 Likes

More accurately: tortoise vs. floor wax.

3 Likes

I think it might be because he’s running on five legs.

5 Likes

It would beat a Rabbit though

2 Likes

Tortoises can go at quite a speed when they’re warm. This was either a pretty warm day, or they had their heating on, I guess.

I always feel a little bad for animals when they’re slipping on flooring like this in videos… I want them to have proper traction so they can run around the house at top speed!

So this must be what ol’ Zeno of Elea was talking about!

1 Like

Not me. When I get out the laser pointer, it’s like an all-star hockey game around here!

2 Likes

Completely unfair race. I’d like to see this rerun on the lawn.

You mean the one about a turtle vs the Duracell Bunny?

If you want to piss off a philosophy teacher, say you don’t see any paradox there because it is a textbook example of converging infinite series you had in math class two weeks ago, and offer to also reformulate the problem for linear equations.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.