UK government sends 40,000 texts to semi-random foreigners (and some Brits): "You are required to leave the UK!"

I’m thinking Portugal or Northern Spain. Back on a converted bus with the hippies again. I’m regretting it more & more that I moved back into a house in my twenties. My girl’s nearly a grown-up. Soon as she’s her own person, and can do the whole ‘live in the world’ stuff…

1 Like

That’s the Home Sec’s job, innit?

1 Like

Yeah? I can make a grand a day selling drugs, should I so desire. Were I unethical enough to engage in a I’d take that over a Ponzi scheme with a Year-old Kia as it’s dream goal, I’d take the drug trade, thanks. I’d feel better about myself. And have some tangible profits, of course.
Argh. Spammer removed, relevance gone…

If they try to arrest me they should do it over the phone, because I go to pieces so fast they people get hit by the shrapnel.

1 Like

I prefer my arrests to be made by Morse code. I’m old fashioned that way.

Semaphore for me.

1 Like

Fast rider and the King’s Seal.

1 Like

Well if you’re looking for a place that doesn’t have datasets of its inhabitants…um…let me see uh…Somalia? Or perhaps, hell I don’t know.

1 Like

Hopefully you’re right, I just sponsored a Chinese migrant for a type 2 visa!

This reminds me of the sting where a whole bunch of wanted criminals were induced to show up – and actively assert their identities – by sending them lottery-winner notices saying they had to claim the prize in person.

What I love most of all about that stupid van is the little box: “106 Arrests Last Week in Your Area.”

That piece-of-shit made up statistic is exactly the same scare-tactic the television-tax office used when I lived in Scotland. Every three weeks we’d get an ominous letter saying “Television inspectors are approaching your house! We know you haven’t paid your tax. 73 households were fined last week in your area!

2 Likes

Wow, exactly 73 households in a week, every three weeks!

Even if it were true, the sensible response to that would be, “Well, good. That means they’re probably done with my neighbourhood for a bit”.

1 Like

Watch the Tudors some time. THis one dude got decapitated for imagining the death of the king.

ah okay, you’re quoting it? Fortunately we live in enlightened times, that video being produced by Cyriak, who is sponsored by the BBC, an institution formed by grant of Royal Charter (rather than being a company in the usual sense). Combined with the fact that frankly I would not mind being put to death, such is the joy that attempting to live in this county fills me with, I think we’ve got our bases covered.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.