US Customs and Border Protection: America's largest, most corrupt police force

[Read the post]

2 Likes

No real oversight. Allowed to ignore the Constitution since they consider the border not actually inside the country. What could go wrong?

6 Likes
Customs and Border Protection is in the “awkward position” of urging similar agencies around the world to adopt a “robust” internal affairs office, without having an adequately staffed office to police its own integrity and professionalism, the report notes.

What? Why is CBP urging anyone outside the US to do anything? Here and as a general matter,
how about we fix our own shit before we go spreading it around the world.

5 Likes

armed civilian services, as well as armed non-civilian services, shouldn’t have unions. period.

they are far too self serving to be appropriate for public services.

internal affairs or public oversight agencies, on the other hand, add extra and necessary levels of protection against corruption, for the civilians being serviced.

one is good and necessary, one is bad and inappropriate, and the difference should be clear to any rational objective adult.

1 Like

What? Why is CBP urging anyone outside the US to do anything? Here and as a general matter,
how about we fix our own shit before we go spreading it around the world.

Can’t resist: Bingo! That’s exactly what the rest of the planet thinks when the US government once again lectures other about things like freedom of Press, human rights, freedom of speech, democracy in general, freedom of religion, torture etc. It happens quite often …

The force is the largest in America, with a starved and ineffectual Internal Affairs department, which has been powerless to check the Border Patrol’s slide into collusion with drug-runners, shootings of protesters, and extreme violence in border areas.

It’s not a bug - it’s a feature.

5 Likes

Now we know where the bad cops go when fired from whatever police force they were on. They go to the Border!

4 Likes

When I made the post I was aware that it was in line with what you often say. Unfortunately, even as a U.S. citizen, I have to agree with you.

4 Likes

The world’s largest gang?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.