Video of House stenographer getting yanked from floor after outburst, as lawmakers vote to end shutdown

Otherwise stable, well known, good work ethic - until the rant. I’m thinking Ambien played a part here.

Rats. It did it again.

E R S E

My Grampa was a Mason (my grandmother is still in Eastern Star). I have a hard time seeing them as shadowy and terrible with the memory of a big man booming “Hiya, Doll!” and giving me cookies in my head.

5 Likes

Interesting interpretation; however there is a flaw: it doesn’t matter who holds the gold and silver, it always belongs to God. One man giving gold or silver to another does not change the ultimate ownership, and, in fact, gold and silver are worthless. The worth represented by gold or silver is the debt owed between men, not between man and God.

Think back to what you quote: Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Consider your ways. Go up to the mountain, and bring wood, and build the house; and I will take pleasure in it, and I will be glorified, saith the LORD.

Did God command them to buy a new church? or did he command they build him a new church with their own hands?

To sum up, the gold is already God’s. The only thing He wants from you is what is not his: your attention/labor/worship. Those are not his because he gave you free will so you could choose to give them back.

But, then again, I am an atheist, so what do I know.

5 Likes

I tried to read the bible as a kid, and the only thing that stuck was Jacob marrying a pair of sisters and knocking them and their maids up repeatedly.

2 Likes

You know this is a real end-times prophecy because he writes like he’s one of the authors of the KJV!

I expect Dana Carvey to make a special, hastily-written guest appearance on SNL this Saturday…

Fora. (go, go, Latin class!)

4 Likes

How do you think family members of NSA employees feel about them? You can’t judge an organization by looking at its members.

Is the whore of babylon involved somehow? Possibly hanging out in the Green Zone?

Don’t forget the Navy Yard shooter, who also had a clearance.

Yeah, it’s gotten nuttier and nuttier here lately.

Oh yeah, and forgot to add that locals here pretty much all think mayor Vincent Gray IS a daywalker, so there’s that.

If only they’d understood is message of “Y’know what’s neat? Separation of spiritual affairs from respective worlds of finance and state power.” message rather than marvelling at him. Locke said it better; but a lot of unpleasant matters went down between then and Locke.

2 Likes

I feel bad for her. Hopefully she can get some help and keep her job.

4 Likes

I’ve seen this variously attributed to Robert McNamara, Alexander Haig, and unspecified Vietnam-era Generals: “They can protest all they want as long as they pay their taxes.” So at least we don’t have Caesar anymore! Now it’s just… I don’t know… Mannon?

We are supposed to have a government “of the people, by the people, for the people”, so rendering unto the US Government is really rendering unto your neighbor and yourself – we all pay for the government services we use, even if we do not use all of them they are still available to all.

Caesar isn’t here, nor is Jesus. God may very well be everywhere and in all things, but how that relates to taxation is beyond me; I guess I can’t wear clothes or eat fruits and vegetables since they all belong to God.

Then there is the issue of tithing-- is that money going to god, or just some pastor?

2 Likes

This is where your money goes when you give it to the church.

http://news.yahoo.com/german-bling-bishop-faces-grilling-rome-152816726.html

1 Like

I think she’ll be in the GOP 2016 primaries, if not the actual running mate with Cruz (who – in spite, or even because, of everything – will not only win, but become EMPEROR)

In keeping with the theme of her conspiracy-theory rant, I’m curious. I wonder who the white haired dude talking to her is? He says something to her, they chat, and then he nods to her (giving permission?). Then she gets up to calmly make her way to the podium. What was her trigger word? :wink:

8 Likes

My great-grandfather was a nice guy and Freemason as well. I didn’t mean to suggest the Freemasons are evil but they certainly are secretive.