Watch a gentleman ride his craptacular gas-powered horse

[Permalink]

How do you say “magnificent sore butt machine” in Mandarin?

3 Likes

I dunno, it’s not that much worse than that Boston Dynamics thing.
And I bet it cost less than 1/1000th as much to build.

3 Likes

‘Craptacular gas-powered horse’. This is how we describe things on Boing Boing now?

I see a happy mutant out in China who made a thing which wouldn’t be out of place among other DIY wonders of Burning Man. I don’t know why you chose to piss on his parade, but classy. Well done.

I’m not going to say this has blown my mind but I would be grinning if I could make something like that from scratch. ‘Craptacular’ indeed.

22 Likes

I thought it was pretty great.

4 Likes

As an art project, it is excellent, and I love it. For the stated goal of plowing a field, it looks impractical

1 Like

It plows the Field of Imagination.

7 Likes

Agreed. Su Daocheng’s creation is awesome. His maker chops are formidable. But here it’s described as “craptacular”, “worst mechanical horse of all time”, “glitchy”.

What the hell, Boingboing?

8 Likes

That thing is WONDERFUL

5 Likes

It’s quite a bit better than the mechanical horse you built.

3 Likes

That thing is awesome, and Mr. Daocheng is full of maker spirit.

Ms. James should stick to covering exogenous mysticism.

2 Likes

Heh. Naw, I’m grinning from ear to ear, I’d love to shake the man’s hand and buy him the series of drinks of his choice and congratulate him on his achievement, but man, is that thing the utter essence of craptacularity. I look at it as a wonderfully successful first iteration of what could, someday, be an amazing example of handmade independent robotics that could, indeed, take on the Boston Dynamics steed. It’s craptacular in the way that Tony Stark’s Iron Man Mark I was craptacular.

3 Likes

My home made dreams now aspire to craptacularness! If that was the result of a high tax dollar research spend then yes, mock away, otherwise FFS BB WTFF!

1 Like

I see no insult in “craptacular.” Calling him a “gentleman,” however… THEM’S FIGHTIN’ WORDS!!!

4 Likes

/disagree. This is awesome.

It’s not going to plough a field any time soon but I love it.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.