Who said it: Charles Manson or Kanye West?

Gutherie? Seeger? Dylan? Holiday? Reed? Cale? Cage? Smith? Anderson? Parton? Scruggs? Nelson? Kraftwerk? Chuck D? Big Boy/Andre 3000? Etc?

What are you, a populist Adorno?

2 Likes

Dylan doubly rubbish.

(Do I use a troll gif now? Or do I just use a Hodgman?)

2 Likes

Miles Davis? Thelonious Monk? Dick Dale? Frank Zappa?

1 Like

Time travelers. They wrote all their best tunes in 1340 or so.

3 Likes

Troll/Hodgman… same thing, yeah.

You really shouldn’t say Dylan is rubbish… that’ll get you tarred and feathered by the critics, you know.

1 Like

Dylan wrote one good song, and it has been overplayed since zoolander. I never need to hear Relax again.

1 Like

Is it too early on a fine Saturday for My Brand of humor?

So be it!
Smokebomb

I’m Maggie Smith!!

3 Likes

I dunno… I think he wrote tons of good songs, actually.

Also, I think your avatar literally changed before my eyes…

1 Like

(You do realize I accused Dylan of writing Relax by Frankie Goes to Hollywood, right?)

1 Like

Yes… I noticed…

AND WHAT IS WRONG WITH FRANKIE GOES TO HOLLYWOOD, ANYWAYS?!?

4 Likes

You know everything about music, Jimmy. You had that Frankie Goes To Hollywood’s album before anyone had ever heard of 'em. And you were the first to realize they were shite.

1 Like

Also, much like @anon50609448 observation about race and Kanye, is the same thing afoot with FGTH criticism?

FGTH were genius. ‘Pleasuredome’ was one of the greats of the 20th century.

1 Like

The “sexy remix” is what’s wrong with it. Otherwise it is a fine song!

Yeah, and now I want to hear Dylan cover it.

1 Like

How about a Laibach cover of a Dylan song instead?

2 Likes

The same, for those who aren’t blessed enough to not see “This video contains content from [Merlin] PIAS, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.” message instead.
Borders. Gotta love them. Bleh.

Good ol’ Laibach. I spent too many nights flying the TFX simulator with unlimited ammo and the “NATO” tape as a soundtrack. Piped to the computer from a tapedeck connected to a soundcard’s CD input. Good ol’ times…

2 Likes

Your comment led me to research Atman, as I’d never heard of it before- and that led me to Charvaka hinduist philosophy, tangentally.

I had never heard of either- but both seem to be exactly how I’ve long thought of the world, on two separate issues, from two radically different conflicting perspectives.

Never expected on BB in a thread mocking Kanye West and Charles Manson to be led to an esoteric hindu school of materialism. Deeply interesting- I will research more later. I know you didn’t plan it, but thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.