Ozzy Osbourne rails at Kanye for using sample despite being denied permission: "he is an antisemite and has caused untold heartache"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/02/10/ozzy-osbourne-rails-at-kanye-for-using-sample-despite-being-denied-permission-he-is-an-antisemite-and-has-caused-untold-heartache.html

8 Likes

That wasn’t the first time anyone accused West of anti-Semitism, just the first time it became too blatant for social media platforms to ignore. From Rolling Stone:

In 2013, he came under fire after an appearance on New York radio show the Breakfast Club where, in discussing his grand vision for the world, West remarked that “Black people don’t have the same level of connections as Jewish people. Black people don’t have the same connections as oil people. You know we don’t know nobody that got a nice house. You know we don’t know nobody with paper like that, that we can go to when we’re down.” He later retracted the statement, calling it an “ignorant compliment.” That wasn’t the first time, either. In 2011, Ye came under fire for comparing himself to Hitler during a concert, as part of an ill-advised analogy about how much people hated him.

11 Likes

I’m no fan, but O. Osbourne I don’t doubt I would remember even if my memory fails.

The other guy? Can go unfuck himself. Be gone, and be forgotten.

4 Likes

Maybe Kanye saw this cover and was jumping on it

20 Likes

That’s a great cover. Thank you for sharing. The hand-jive line in the background is a fun touch.

10 Likes

Who is the guitar player? off to Google

ETA: Curt Chambers. Awesome

ETA2: If T Pain and the rest of the group in that video did a whole album of rock covers, I would buy the shit out of it. That was amazing.

11 Likes

Damn, smashed it with this cover. Flawlessly done.

3 Likes

That group is as tight as my belt after christmas dinner.

5 Likes

First off, thanks for that T- Pain cover, good god y’all!
Second, for those unaware, Sharon Osbourne is the progeny of one Don Arden, perhaps the most viciously notorious of English music promoters/band managers. He was a really nasty piece of work, and at one time Sharon herself tried doing the old man in by running him down in her car. So when she says Ye fucked with the wrong Jew, I just know that he is going to regret doing this. Besides being sued, he might have an alleged accident.

3 Likes

The comedy band Garfunkel and Oates were doing a bit during their gigs where they’d read out quotes and ask the audience to guess if it was Kanye or Hitler fifteen years ago.

9 Likes
9 Likes

While not all rock songs, T- Pain’s latest release is a live album and aside from the encore, all covers.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.