Woman accuses restaurant patrons of eating her "little girl"

[Permalink]

Christ, what an asshole.

24 Likes

This sort of ā€œactivismā€ is not likely to advance the cause.

Itā€™s a typical PETA-esque stunt that mostly cements in the minds of the audience that fanatical vegans are nut cases.

Iā€™m not saying that chickens arenā€™t horribly, inhumanely treated in the meat industry, but that this sort of stunt is unlikely to make converts.

30 Likes

Tasty, tasty murder (or perhaps not - the restaurant seemed pretty quiet).

Is it really meant to?

They serve this?

5 Likes

People for Exaggerated Tabloid Attention-seeking

6 Likes

Umā€¦ Iā€™m not entirely sure how to respond to this.

2 Likes

The correct response is a McNugget binge. Chicken tears, so delicious :yum:

4 Likes

Exercising her 1st amendment right makes her an asshole?

sigh

No, being an asshole makes her an asshole.

38 Likes

there is that potential with the 1st amendment, yes

30 Likes

Itā€™s more Slacktivism, to be honest.

Who cares whether your efforts actually have any sort of tangible benefit for your larger cause, so long as you can feel better about yourself for having spewn senseless vitriol and venom at anyone within earshot?

I mean, if you canā€™t change the world for the better, you can at least make it a little worse and revel in the schadenfreude you get from doing so, right?

29 Likes

She marches into a restaurant and shouts hysterical, blanket accusations at the patrons.

I donā€™t think thatā€™s protected speech.

I do think it borders on disturbing the peace.

19 Likes

Obligatory topical comedic ska-based social commentary.

1 Like

sigh The First Amendment says the government cannot make any laws abridging her right to free speech, or right to petition the government. It doesnā€™t say anything about restaurants or other private places. How is she exercising her 1st amendment right here?

23 Likes

Yesā€¦

When someone berates others for not following their personal morality. Even on a public street corner like the ā€˜god hates fagsā€™ people.

That makes them an asshole.

This is especially assholishness because it was on private property, and BTW: the 1st amendment doesnā€™t apply to other peopleā€™s property.

Why do people confuse the 1st amendment, even in this day of posting on sites like BB where your posts can and WILL get pulled if the Mod/Aminds donā€™t like them for whatever reason they wish.

28 Likes

But waitā€¦I had the fish.

14 Likes

36 Likes

So how will the hardcore vegans react when technology inevitably creates mass produced ā€œchickenā€ grown in a lab?

2 Likes

Snow? Oh, yes, I remember herā€¦

4 Likes

You do know that hardcore Vegans wonā€™t eat Honeyā€¦because it enslaves the Bees, doubt any animals DNA would pass the test.