$1.28 billion border wall contract goes to company with history of fraud and sex crimes

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/05/20/1-28-billion-border-wall-cont.html

3 Likes

Wall

29 Likes

Given the current circumstances, I’m actually surprised Mexico isn’t paying for the wall.

To keep the jack-holes from moving south and spreading the pandemic.

11 Likes

I am shocked I tell you. You could literally knock me over with a feather.

7 Likes

In Trump’s defense, it’s much harder to get your cut if you don’t use companies with a history of fraud.

21 Likes

A history of fraud and sex crimes…

So Trump’s doing it himself?

22 Likes

Why should we care, as long as Mexico is paying for it?

Oh, right.

11 Likes

Fraud and sex crimes? Two of Trump’s favorite things. No wonder they were chosen.

18 Likes

I don’t know … this seems like a good outcome. I mean, nobody really wants the wall, much less a well built and effective wall. So giving the money to a company you already know is going to half arse it means we can all focus on the inputs without having to expend any effort or concern on the output.

(Which, coincidentally, is more or less the thinking thar drove the metrics used in the vietnam war)

12 Likes

After watching the sales video, this sounds like a classic case of over promise and under deliver.

10 Likes

Isn’t this the company that has been aggressively courting Trump for the last three years? Wonder what the bid process for the wall was like. Probably classified.

13 Likes

Absent the fact they were submitting a proposal to build a monument to racism and xenophobia as well as an enduring tribute to the ego of the orange sh!tstain that presently occupies the office space at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC, I could be impressed.

I also would need to ignore the company’s record with regard to fraud and sex crimes.

At some level, this feels like watching a pitch from the firm that got the contact to build the physical structures at Auschwitz.

9 Likes

My thoughts exactly. If we’re going to award this stupid contract, might as well give it to the company that will get itself tied up in lawsuits almost immediately.

8 Likes

The economy is crashed, and he is still building wall–about what I expected. Sad times.

9 Likes

November 4 can’t come fast enough.

10 Likes

tenor

8 Likes

Most of that money will never get to the wall - it’ll go down some dark hole into a shady account, get laundered, and wind up as another oligarch asset.

Someone, somewhere has one of those rooms with yarn lines connecting photos and documents in a monumental web that explains all the hidden corrupt connections between these officials, businesses, banks, and governments. I keep waiting for them to discover that one last key piece that blows the entire money trail wide open. Any day now…

10 Likes

At this point, I’d almost be disappointed if the administration didn’t exhibit blatant corruption.

7 Likes

obligatory:

7 Likes

I guess you have to pay extra for perks like that. Sounds like a match made in heaven, really. May they sink together.

6 Likes