10 girls on Afghanistan's robotics team safely evacuated to Qatar

Originally published at: 10 girls on Afghanistan's robotics team safely evacuated to Qatar | Boing Boing

7 Likes

This is a positive development in a situation that has few positive points.

Did their family members also manage to evacuate? I didn’t see any mention of them.

7 Likes

I’m glad they made it out.

Here’s hoping someone will figure out a way to help the other 19,464,163 women and girls in the country.

12 Likes

It’s not like a bunch of sexist fundie maniacs who think their flavour of Invisible Bearded Sky Man™ solves all problems need (or deserve) to have this group of smart and educated young women living under their backwards regime. I hope that more people join in on the brain drain and more women get out before the religious thugs consolidate power.

6 Likes

I’ve spent time over the last two days helping Afghan non-profits scrub any photos they may have of volunteers or constituents. I find myself really frustrated with caching in general, but it’s working, eventually.

I found myself getting really overwhelmed at one point by happy photos from a project to teach women to drive in Afghanistan. Just couldn’t deal for a little while and had to take a break, but there’s a job to do.

14 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.