10-hour movie of paint drying receives "U" rating from British censors

After the long credit crawl, I’d show a hand reaching in and touch the wall.

An off screen voice would say, “Dammit!”

3 Likes

Please appeal the rating. Please appeal the rating. Please appeal the rating…

2 Likes

Not living in the UK and I shouldn’t be commenting but: two elections returning Tories. They’ll be burning heretics, non whites, foreign scum, imprisoning people without trial because their place of birth marks them out as terrorists and not deserving of due process and… Oh wait, they’ve been back torturing in black sites for years now already.

So their pretty decent looking classification system is going down the tubes too. Surprise?

1 Like

The book was better.

13 Likes

I want to see the blooper reel.

5 Likes

Still better than Gigli.

2 Likes

Thanks for giving away the ending! I was going to see it this weekend. I thought the paint was going to eventually cure, but I have been wrong before.

3 Likes

A real protest would be to start a movie distribution group which gets unclassified/uncensored movies to cinemas.

3 Likes

Holy non-sequitor, Batman!

5 Likes

Good luck in finding a British cinema willing to show them. The alternative would be a private club showing them but that’s barely disobedience.

3 Likes

Spivs knocking out contraband uncensored movies to plucky Brits who won’t be dictated to by snooping Whitehall officials. That’s an x-rated Ealing comedy right there.

4 Likes

[quote=“wreckrobeight, post:32, topic:72791, full:true”]
Spivs knocking out contraband uncensored movies to plucky Brits who won’t be dictated to by snooping Whitehall officials. That’s an x-rated Ealing comedy right there.
[/quote]Risqué Galore!

4 Likes

This is a real breakthrough in the “slow TV” format. I’m sure there’s an audience in Norway for it.

1 Like

My bad! Haven’t seen it yet myself so I could be wrong. If it’s any comfort there were two proposed scripts, a comedy and a tragedy.

In the tragic version there is no cure.

4 Likes

I’ll concede that I can easily become confused but isn’t there a subset of fans of both sports games that increase their enjoyment by combining it with accounting?

Full disclosure, my favorite spectator sport (without motors) is Sumo.

Probably, but that seems to hold true for most spectator sportsball thingies.

My favorite is freestyle moguls, or possibly this wacky icecross thing I found on TV the other weekend:

[edit] Well, and I can’t forget curling. Mesmerizing, that.

Can’t see the attraction myself. De gustibus, I guess.

2 Likes

Chess on ice. :wink:

2 Likes

It’s tragic only when it is your object that’s painted. Otherwise it’s comedy.

Ever had a bad mix of epoxy or polyurethane coating that Just Keeps Being Sticky forever?

1 Like